mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1641 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male lcmslutheran

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad bug report (bookmark and notes)

Using Mac OS 10.6.2 w/ MacSword 2.1.1-411, I have a couple of problems I've noticed.
How do you erase a note? I can create one (ponderously) but I can't find a way to eliminate it.
When I choose a highlight for a selected verse in bookmark mode and I click "OK" in the box I am left with a plain verse and no highlight.

What I am looking for is a note that will be generated when I click at a point in any displayed verse, type in my note in the box displayed, title the note and then click "OK" and have the title displayed in the sidebar as it is now but also have an asterisk or a number or something that references to the sidebar that remains in the text. Maybe this could be a superscript or subscript number or character. This remainder could also be active so that clicking it would bring up the note in a separate window.
[Feb 28, 2010 5:49:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: bug report (bookmark and notes)

Using Mac OS 10.6.2 w/ MacSword 2.1.1-411, I have a couple of problems I've noticed.
How do you erase a note? I can create one (ponderously) but I can't find a way to eliminate it.
When I choose a highlight for a selected verse in bookmark mode and I click "OK" in the box I am left with a plain verse and no highlight.

Check the other thread for an explanation.

What I am looking for is a note that will be generated when I click at a point in any displayed verse, type in my note in the box displayed, title the note and then click "OK" and have the title displayed in the sidebar as it is now but also have an asterisk or a number or something that references to the sidebar that remains in the text. Maybe this could be a superscript or subscript number or character. This remainder could also be active so that clicking it would bring up the note in a separate window.

The notes are text files, much like you would use Pages or TextEdit.
What you are looking for are personal commentaries where you can add a commentary for bible verses. Those commentaries can be opened together with a bible (in the same view) so that you can see both together, your comment and the scripture text.

Manfred
[Feb 28, 2010 6:07:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lcmslutheran

USA

What "other thread"?
[Mar 10, 2010 6:02:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Can't remember right now. It was one of the recent threads at the time.

You erase a note with right-click->remove.
You need to enable bookmark highlighting in the display option either for the current view or globally in preferences.

Manfred
[Mar 10, 2010 8:13:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread