mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3773 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Male GCRaya
Stranger

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
KJV Search Problems

For some reason. I am getting no results for any word search in the KJV Bible. Every word is returning 0 results. I am running Snow Leopard on a new MacBook Pro. Please help. I really liked the older version but now the search is not working and it is the most valuable part of the program to me.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by GCRaya at Oct 27, 2009 10:50:22 PM]
[Oct 27, 2009 10:49:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: KJV Search Problems

Which version of MacSword are you using?

Do you switch to indexed search mode before searching for words and phrases?

Do you use background indexing?

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 29, 2009 4:21:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male GCRaya
Stranger

United States

I am using 2.0.2-271 I am using background indexing. And I do switch to the search mode. It works for Morning and Evening by Spurgeon, but not the KJV.
[Oct 29, 2009 7:14:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male GCRaya
Stranger

United States

It seems to be working now. I followed your advice on another post and removed the index so it would recreate it, and it worked. Thanks.
[Oct 29, 2009 7:23:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

I, too, was a frequent user of the older version (the one with the blue icon) and I too, am having difficulty searching.

I could not find the thread to which you were referring where you were instructed to delete an index. Could you (or someone) show me how to do this?

Thanks smile
[Apr 27, 2010 8:54:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

What exactly is the problem?
I don't know the thread either but our wiki lists the relevant information:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:MacSword#MacSword_files_and_folders

Manfred
[Apr 27, 2010 1:47:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

I'm using 2.2.1-1201 in 10.6.3. I have four modules installed.
At the top of the window where the search used to be, I can type in a word, any word, hit 'return' and just below the "Mod Options Display Options Font Size Text Context bar, to the right I see "Found 0 verses".

After reading a few threads, it seems like addressing indexing might help, but it's not clear to me how to go about this.

Thx
[Apr 29, 2010 10:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

Sorry. Perhaps more clarity. I followed Wiki to find three folders: InstallMgr, mods.d, and modules. I fear I may delete something I should not. Which of these, or which file(s) within which of these folders should I delete in order to clear the index?
[Apr 29, 2010 10:49:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

Ah... I was in the wrong folder. It's not the Sword folder, it's the MacSword folder.

Thanks.
[Apr 29, 2010 11:11:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iRemember

Well, maybe that wasn't the answer. I emptied the folders in the home>Library>Application Support> MacSword folder, including the plists, and I still get no results when trying to search.
[Apr 29, 2010 11:21:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread