mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2344 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male kirkdickinson
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Are menus jumbled?

There are some menu items that seem to be in the wrong place. For instance, I have NEVER ever seen any program on Mac, Windows, or Linux that has the Find selection in the view menu. Just never seen that. Find is almost always under the Edit menu. EDIT->Find, that is just the way it is.

The only exception that I can remember seeing is where there are many different find operations and they get their own menu. Like in Notepad++ where there is a Search menu that has Find, Find In Files, Find Next, etc...

It also seems that several of the view items are in the Option menu. Is this planned. Like the "Verse On One Line", shouldn't that be in the view menu? If it was a global "Sticky" option, I could see it being in the Option menu.

Make Text Bigger, Make Text Smaller, also seem to be view items.

I don't know, it just seems a little confusing.

God Bless,

Kirk
[Dec 8, 2008 1:11:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Are menus jumbled?

Well, yes. Find normally is under Edit.
I guess it has been placed under View because it opens a new view. But this is done by other applications, too.
So I guess you are right.

I hope it is not too confusing for you.

Regards,
Manfred
[Dec 8, 2008 8:36:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread