mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14098 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword 2.2.4 wont open

That's strange.

5 com.apple.AppKit 0x956a0108 +[NSFont fontWithName:size:] + 56
6 org.crosswire.MacSword 0x0003f00c -[BookmarkCell init] + 124

The left sidebar uses a smaller font to display the verse reference of the bookmarks.
The crash seems to happen while initialising the left side bar with this font: "Lucida Grande" size 9.
Can you have a look if that font does exist on your system?

Manfred
[Jun 23, 2010 1:23:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vineabide

USA

I think I may have just discovered by own answer but since I'm new at all this, I'll ask anyway. I have macbook Intel Core 2 duo running OS X 10.4.11. I had downloaded the 2.2.4-1426 app and 2.2.4-1426 dmg but could not get it to open. I just noticed that perhaps I should have used 1.4.4

Should that do the trick? Thank you.
[Jun 23, 2010 7:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I think I may have just discovered by own answer but since I'm new at all this, I'll ask anyway. I have macbook Intel Core 2 duo running OS X 10.4.11. I had downloaded the 2.2.4-1426 app and 2.2.4-1426 dmg but could not get it to open. I just noticed that perhaps I should have used 1.4.4

Should that do the trick? Thank you.

Yes, you need to use version 1.4.4.
2.x needs at least OS X 10.5.

Manfred
[Jun 23, 2010 9:17:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vineabide

USA

super, thanks, I'll try that when I get home!

Jody
[Jun 23, 2010 12:19:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Lthous
Stranger

I have MacSword 2.2.4 installed. It works on my profile but won't on my son's profile. Why?
[Jun 23, 2010 12:41:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I have MacSword 2.2.4 installed. It works on my profile but won't on my son's profile. Why?

That can have a lot of reasons.
What's the OS version of your son's computer?
Which Mac does you son have?
Did you update from a previous version of MacSword?
Please send a crash log to my email address.

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Jun 23, 2010 2:56:23 PM]
[Jun 23, 2010 2:54:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ecclesiologyproper
Regular

Japan

LucidaGrande.dfont is the apple system font.
Yes it is installed on my computer.

I might try replacing it with a ttf font ¬.¬
[Jun 23, 2010 6:56:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

LucidaGrande.dfont is the apple system font.
Yes it is installed on my computer.

I might try replacing it with a ttf font ¬.¬

No, that's fine.
I'll try next week on my PPC system.
Have you tried version 2.2.2 though?

Manfred
[Jun 23, 2010 11:45:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ecclesiologyproper
Regular

Japan

Thank you.
It seems like 2.2.2 works with no problems so far.
Thanks.
I hope I could help some.
: )
[Jun 24, 2010 9:40:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vineabide

USA

I've installed 1.4.4 and using the Module Installer, installed NetText. But I can't seem to get the Installer to give me the option to install NetNotes. I bought that from Bible.org, received the cipher key, installed it in the mods.d file, etc.....

but when I go back to the Module Installer, it does not highlight the install option. Any ideas? I'm running OS X 10.4.11. Thank you!
[Jun 25, 2010 6:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread