mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2185 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male Brad12887
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
daily devotions?

So, I can't find any daily devotions on this thing. So far though, I'm absolutely LOVING it. I'm loving all the free books on this thing.

I'm perplexed about the daily devotions. Is it a Module that I have to install?
[Jun 16, 2010 5:38:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Brad12887
Stranger

Re: daily devotions?

ok, I figured it out. I had to download the devotional from the website first, couldn't find anything on the auto installer built into MacSword.
[Jun 16, 2010 6:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Brad,

You will find information on the module installer on this:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:MacSword
and this:
http://www.macsword.com/tour/
web page. Where on the latter there is a screen cast video.

We have daily devotion modules but there is not yet a good way to display daily devotions in term of a devotion for every day.
Will come soon.

Manfred
[Jun 16, 2010 11:17:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Brad12887
Stranger

yeah, that's what I used to figure out how to make sure it was installed properly. I had to kind of toy with it to figure some of it out though.

The only thing that made me confused was why I couldn't find the daily devotions on the module installer, I actually had to go to the website and manually download them.

Now that the macsword, with this update, will remember where my place was at on each module, the daily devotion thing is actually kind of cool, it will just take me to the same place, then I just switch to the next day.

When you say you're working on it, what are the plans for them?
[Jun 17, 2010 6:20:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The only thing that made me confused was why I couldn't find the daily devotions on the module installer, I actually had to go to the website and manually download them.

The daily devotion modules are actually dictionary modules and should be listed under those in the module installer.

Now that the macsword, with this update, will remember where my place was at on each module, the daily devotion thing is actually kind of cool, it will just take me to the same place, then I just switch to the next day.

Unfortunately this "remembering" doesn't yet work for dictionaries.
I admit that this would be a good improvement and I'll see into implementing this.

When you say you're working on it, what are the plans for them?

Well, we're investigating what would be an appropriate way to display your daily devotion when you start MacSword. The normal dictionary view which you have to use now is not appropriate for daily devotions.
Maybe it will be some kind of HUD window that only shows the devotion for today and maybe has some limited navigation functionality that let's you switch the days and months.

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Jun 18, 2010 1:19:10 AM]
[Jun 18, 2010 1:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Brad12887
Stranger

oops, yep, you're right. I just closed it and opened it and it brought up the same thing again for some of the windows, I didn't realize the dictionary module wasn't remembering.

Thanks for all the info!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brad12887 at Jun 18, 2010 11:34:56 AM]
[Jun 18, 2010 11:34:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread