mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
Posts: 22   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10566 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Male Ricardo
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to have a search by word(s)

Thank you Tom,

$ ls /Users/ricardo/Library/Application\ Support/Sword/modules/texts/ztext/lbla/

give me:

nt.bzs nt.bzv nt.bzz ot.bzs ot.bzv ot.bzz

And it should be ok, cause it works in MacSword
----------------------------------------
MacSword & PocketSword
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ricardo at Jun 7, 2010 7:18:05 PM]
[Jun 7, 2010 7:14:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Ahh, no, i think the issue will be that the sword path won't be properly set to that location on a Mac... I'm away from my laptop ATM, but can look into it tomorrow for you? Otherwise, you need to set the sword path to point to the location of your modules and then you should be able to run that on the command line. :)
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jun 8, 2010 5:38:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Thank you Nic,

I set the SWORD_PATH to the Sword location. If I type mkfastmod lbla it shows a list of all modules, cause the module is LBLA.

Is SWORD_PATH the variable to set?
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 8, 2010 5:53:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tcrawfordjakarta

Indonesia
confused Re: How to have a search by word(s)

It sounds like your sword install doesn't have the icu and cppunit packages installed.

If you build sword from source, the usrinst.sh will try to install those packages. However, if you don't have the devel packages for those files installed, sword will tell you it did not find the packages, but will still build.

I think (you need to check with the sword development folks about this) your build will not contain the globalization packages you need to properly build and index all unicode fonts.

Tom
[Jun 8, 2010 7:42:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Ricardo,

Sounds like you now have SWORD finding your modules, but as Tom suggests, it's not behaving correctly. Did you compile the sword utils yourself or did you install them from MacSword? You're now at the point where it's a bit beyond me, but perhaps you can follow Tom's suggestion of compiling the utils yourself - I use fink to do this & they have a package that contains the ICU headers that you require... I think there's also a page on the wiki on this site that contains instructions, along with instructions archived on the sword-devel mailing list that i wrote up several months ago...

Hopefully that will help? Let us know how you go - given that you used to program for the Palm PDA, I'm assuming you know how to figure this out? My limited experience with that platform gave me a lot of respect for those ppl who chose to do that often! ;)
PocketSword Developer
[Jun 9, 2010 5:48:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Thank you Tom and Nic,

I downloaded the utils already done for mac.

I don't know if it is worth the effort to index via command line if I have the indexes via Xiphos...
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 9, 2010 7:10:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Ricardo,
My suggested method would be via a front end that creates the clucene index for you (as I should have mentioned earlier, if I didn't?), but you have just reminded me that I need to update the indices I have generated for PocketSword to include the new modules that are about to become available... :)

I hope you finally got it to work in the end? Perhaps the only solution we should be suggesting to users should be to use Xiphos to generate the index for custom modules? :)
PocketSword Developer
[Jun 10, 2010 6:44:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Hi Nic,

Hi Ricardo,

I hope you finally got it to work in the end?

I got it working since your Xiphos recomendation ;->

Perhaps the only solution we should be suggesting to users should be to use Xiphos to generate the index for custom modules? :)

For the time being... yes, I think. If I had time, I would do some work on it, but this year is a very busy one.

The Xiphos way is not comfortable for mac users since there is not a native version and is another application to install; I use MacSword. For other OS maybe is different!

As MacSword's user, I would dream to have the clucene index creation within it, since I use the same modules for MacSword and PocketSword.
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 10, 2010 8:01:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

I've changed MacSword so that creating a clucene index is possible.
Question is where shall I put it.
Since it is per module and to keep it simple I'd just extend the context menu for the module in the left side tree view.
Also to keep it simple the index would just be created in the module folder. People would have to dig it out themselves.

Manfred
[Jun 16, 2010 12:12:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Great! that's awesome, thank you Manfred!

BTW, may I insist in the MacSword Spanish translation?
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 16, 2010 5:49:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 22   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread