mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9726 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Male Ricardo
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to have a search by word(s)

Hi Nic, All,

I want to do searches for a word or words in the Bible's text. I do some modules and I want to know what to do to have it searchable.

Thank you!

Nic: The Spanish texts in PS are already too large! biggrin

Ricardo
----------------------------------------
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 3, 2010 7:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: How to have a search by word(s)

Hi Ricardo,

Right now it's a bit tricky to make your own modules that are searchable. I'm hoping to develop something that makes this possible, but my focus is currently on the majority of users, which are those that use the built-in modules.

To create your own searchable module, you firstly need to create your module (which I believe you have done!) and then you need to create a clucene index for it. I believe that Xiphos will do this for you (MacSword doesn't currently do this), and so if you install your module in Xiphos and get it to index your module, you will then find that it has created a "lucene" folder inside the module, and in that folder there will be a few files (a .cfs file, deletable & segments, or something like that!). After you have done that, you just need to ZIP up your module again, but this time with that folder in place, and then when you manually install your module into PocketSword, it should then be searchable. :)

This is all a bit tricky, but as I said, I'm focusing on features a majority of users use right now. Hopefully I will be able to make this a bit easier in the future, but I hope that the above instructions help! :) Unfortunately, an iPhone is way too slow to be able to generate a search index for us, so that's not an option...

Thanks,
Nic... :)

ps: yes, I know some of the Spanish strings are too long. I need to find time to fix these up a bit.......................
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jun 4, 2010 7:39:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

oh, and take a look at:
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,795#2870

That may also be helpful? :)

Thanks,
Nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
[Jun 4, 2010 7:42:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tcrawfordjakarta

Indonesia

If you have a sword install on a linux box with sword utilities installed you can easily make indexed modules and put them in your Ipod Sword

If your modules are in /usr/share/sword or /usr/local/share/sword or somewhere else but not in you home directory at ./sword then you need to get to root to index your modules.

$sudo su
enter your password if you are using sudo
#

or

$su
enter your root password
#

If your modules are in your home directory
$ cd ~
$ cd .sword then don't use the root commands, see the local directory commands.

For root:

# mkfastmod <modname> -- if you are not sure of the module name just put a guess in and it will show the module names.

then

# cd /usr/share/sword
# zip -r yourmodule mods.d/yourmodule.conf modules/texts/ztext/yourmodule

you should now have a zip file called yourmodule.zip in the /usr/share/sword directory.

# mv yourmodule.zip /home/tom (your home directory)

# chown tom:tom yourmodule.zip (use your home directory name:name)

# exit (leave root)

$ chmod 665 yourmodule.zip

If your modules are in your home directory

$ mkfastmod <modname>

$ cd ~
$ cd .sword
$ zip -r yourmodule mods.d/yourmodule.conf modules/texts/ztext/yourmodule

you should now have a zip file called yourmodule.zip in the ./sword/ directory of your home directory.

$ mv yourmodule.zip ~
$ cd ..

you should now have yourmodule.zip in your home directory

Attach your Ipod to your linux computer

On your Ipod open PocketSword and choose More --> Preferences and set the Module Maintainer Mode On

Go back to More and choose Downloads and open the * symbol on the right top which will open a page.

Open your Chrome browser -- if you don't have chrome download it, because this doesn't work on Firefox.

put the IP address in your browser for example http://192.168.100.1:49604 (the last port number will change but it should be picking up your computer's ip address (the 192.168.100.1 (or whatever your ip address is). If your ipod sleeps before you get this all done, exit PocketSword and restart. If you get that it cannot find the page, keep trying, eventually the Installed Modules page comes up.

Click the Choose File button and navigate to yourmodule.zip that will show on the page.

Click Submit, if all goes well you will see your module installed. If it doesn't install you probably messed up the zip file. Check your zip file -- use Applications Archive Manager and you should see the following structure when the program opens the file:

folder mods.d
folder modules

If those are correct -- check to see where your text is, it could be in modules/texts/rawtext -- if it is you need to change the path name when you zip the file.

Hope this helps Tom Crawford
[Jun 6, 2010 4:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Thank you, I used the Xiphos method, and installed the module in the iPhone, but I can't figure out how do a search in it...
MacSword & PocketSword
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ricardo at Jun 6, 2010 7:59:11 AM]
[Jun 6, 2010 5:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Thank you, I got it working now!!!
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 6, 2010 8:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

I will check Tom's suggestion and come back with the results.
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 6, 2010 4:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Thanks for the great reply, Tom!
I hope that helps, Ricardo - let us know if you have any troubles... :)
PocketSword Developer
[Jun 7, 2010 5:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Going to Tom's method I went to /Users/ricardo/Library/Application Support/Sword in my macbook, and run mkfastmod LBLA with the following output:

LBLA does not support a search framework.

Any clue?
MacSword & PocketSword
[Jun 7, 2010 2:20:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tcrawfordjakarta

Indonesia

Assuming your module is named LBLA then take a look at the files in the LBLA module. In making the module you should have files like:

$ cd lbla
$ ls
$ nt.bzs nt.bzv nt.bzz (and if you have the OT) ot.bzs ot.bzv ot.bzz

If you don't have those files you cannot index the module.

Tom
[Jun 7, 2010 5:27:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread