mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1895 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male Rouzaud
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Toggle Strongs

For ipod touch, a button to toggle to Strongs, then back again, would take the clutter away. If one could 'toggle' an instant view of Strong is generally enough. If this were the case, full Strong numbers in the text wouldn't be so much an issue of clutter. Thanks for a wonderful app.
[May 24, 2010 5:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Toggle Strongs

Hi there.

Just wanted to say that your comment has been noted and I'm thinking about how to best do this. Unfortunately I don't want to be cluttering the UI, and as you can probably see, there's not a lot of room available for an extra button. It will probably end up being implemented as some sort of swipe?

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Nov 8, 2010 6:52:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JonGl
Regular

Just had a thought, reading this thread...

Maybe.... just maybe.... Where the Choose Bible button is, you could put a "more" button. Under that, would be the Bible button, a Strongs button, maybe an orientation lock and maybe a full-screen lock, and/or maybe a Morphology button. That makes 5 buttons. shade this row differently, and have it slide down from the top.

-Jon
[Nov 18, 2010 9:08:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Jon,

I have taken a while to reply because I've been thinking about it. At first I didn't like that idea, but I'm starting to like it more and more. However, there needs to be a way to display which translation of the Bible you are viewing . . . so, while I like your idea, it'll need a little tweaking to work properly in PocketSword, I think.

Thanks for the thought, though! It is a good one and something I hadn't thought of. :)

Thanks, ybic
Nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Nov 22, 2010 6:51:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread