mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6316 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Male darkeale
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem with Xiphos

Hi,

I have a problem with Xiphos on Ubuntu 10.04.
When I click a verse number in a bible (so I can view to corresponding commentary entry) the Bible view goes back to the beginning of the chapter I am currently in. This is really annoying as when I click to view the commentary, then have to scroll down to find the original bible verse again.

Can anybody help with this?

Many thanks,
Alex
[May 24, 2010 4:35:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: Problem with Xiphos

This is a known problem. Unfortunately we have no fix yet (it's a problem with one of the libraries Xiphos uses).
[May 24, 2010 11:34:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male spurgeon
Stranger

yes, I find that the only obstacle I have in using Xiphos. Hopefully it can be addressed in the future.
[May 31, 2010 5:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

this was fixed on may 27; updated builds for ubuntu and fedora were made available shortly thereafter.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Jul 5, 2010 4:21:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male spurgeon
Stranger

My current version of Xiphos is 3.1.3-mozembed and i am using ESV library. When I click on a verse number or enter a search, the Bible panel still only displays verse 1, but I can scroll down and that verse number will be highlighted in the text. I guess Ubuntu is still waiting on that update?
[Jul 5, 2010 4:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

https://edge.launchpad.net/~pkgcrosswire/+archive/ppa

i don't know what it takes for these updates to get back into mainline ubuntu repos, but you can be sure that our ubuntu builder makes sure that this repo is always up to date.
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Jul 6, 2010 5:28:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male joetraff
Stranger

United States

Cool sharing.
It works fine.
debt solutions
[Jul 14, 2010 8:55:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male BeYeDoers
Stranger

You'll have to excuse my overwhelming naivete, I just jumped into linux 2 days ago. How do I update xiphos to fix this problem? I followed the link and the instructions, successfully added the repository to my system, and when I opened the software center and Crosswire repository, it said I have all the xiphos related software, but I still have this problem. Any help? Thank you
[Aug 18, 2010 11:21:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

BeYeDoers, go to System->Administration->Synaptic. Inside Synaptic, click the Reload button at the upper left. Then click "Mark All Upgrades", and then "Apply".
[Aug 19, 2010 10:20:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male deshotel

sad Re: Problem with Xiphos

This did not work for me. I have 2 laptops with ubuntu 10.10 on both and they both behave the same in Xiphos (straight to verse one every time!) after update/apply etc with synaptic.
[Jan 13, 2011 10:26:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread