mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7587 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male lilg
Stranger

Lesotho
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
convert vpl to mod

Hi,

I'm new to Linux, Crosswire, and Xiphos, but very happy so far. I'm trying to make a couple modules for my own personal use. The one I started with comes from Online Bible. I exported the NT of this modules to a text file. I roughly followed the directions HERE except I did not use the python script provided. (It seems like the file already conforms to the VPL format.) Also it seems like the path he suggests are invalid. When I ran vpl2mod on this file, I got a LOT of this same error message:

ERROR: short read of terminating char in readline

following this long list I get this message:

error parsing key Revelations 1:1

I mod2vpl'ed the ASV I have installed and changed all the book names to those in the ASV. Now when I run vpl2mod I still get:

ERROR: short read of terminating char in readline

with no error parsing key. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot!
Glenn
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilg at May 6, 2010 4:22:11 AM]
[May 6, 2010 4:18:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: convert vpl to mod

Can't really tell but maybe a problem with the line endings?

Manfred
[May 6, 2010 7:57:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: convert vpl to mod

It appears that the file has Mac line endings. I would suggest using the python script as it takes care of that issue.
[May 6, 2010 3:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread