mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1778 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male jnhmcknight
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
book/verse/verse selection mechanism

I wanted to thank you, Nic, for putting such a great app out there. I really love using it (especially when people at church look at me funny for pulling out my iphone during the service, like I'm playing a game or not listening...)

I was wondering about the verse selection method. I just upgraded and it was one of things that got changed. No offense, but I preferred the previous way of selecting books/chapters/verses. My guess is that you don't, or you wouldn't have changed it, but would it be possible to have it as an option? Maybe user selectable in the preferences section of pocketsword?

Thanks again for the awesome work you've already done.
[Apr 29, 2010 6:01:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male huldrych

USA
Re: book/verse/verse selection mechanism

I just updated. I like the new browse format, if only because it lists out the full name of the book.

My iPod has Danish set as its language, so a good part of the New Testament books start out as "Paulus' (første, andet) Brev til..." Most of the title of the book got truncated, leaving me to figure out which book is what.
[Apr 29, 2010 11:58:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Thanks for the comments, things like this are a hard thing to figure out. I had been meaning to redo this mechanism since October last year, and when I finally worked on it, I implemented a couple of different ways of it working. In the end, this is what I was happiest with. I will consider adding a preference to switch between the two methods, but I'm afraid of adding too many preferences & making the preference section overly cluttered.

Thanks,
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Apr 30, 2010 2:06:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jnhmcknight
Stranger

I completely understand. Maybe if the preferences had an advanced page, you wouldn't feel cluttered on it. Or subcategorizing them on pages.

Just something to consider. Thanks for replying
[Apr 30, 2010 2:53:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread