mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1906 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male scipioc

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
couple questions...

Hi All,
First let me begin by saying that I really like Macsword. In fact it even grew more dear to my heart this past weekend when I realized you could put a list of bible verses in the search engine and that list would come up in the translation selected. To go one step further, I accidentally pasted the list in a commentary module and just the comments on those specific verses appeared! That was a real bonus. And the module sources, I had no idea with the previous versions there were other sources for modules aside from the Sword Project pages. Thank you to everyone who has worked on this over the years. I hope other bible translations (ie nasb) or other study resources will become available in the future. I understand it is a copyright issue, not a Macsword issue.
There are a couple of questions I have that I have first searched for in the forums, but have not been able to find answers to. So I will ask to see what replies I get.

First, is there a way to have the full module names on the lefthand column? I tried renaming the modules themselves in the modules folder, but that only messed things up. Probably because the paths were renamed...

Secondly, is there a way that the session can be saved so that each module is open to the specific topic being studied? For example, if I toggle between tabs in a window from Thompson Chain Reference to Calvin's Institutes or International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. And I am studying the word "Church". They will remain on that word, until I click to another tab and then when I go back it will have reset itself at the beginning of the module. This is true for when I am currently working in Macsword, or when I "Save a Session" and go open it up later. It remembers the modules, just not the place in the module I was reading. Is there a way for me to do this?
Thanks again. I had a few other questions, but I can't think of them right now. It's a great software and if I could write code or convert text to modules, I would love to add to the body of the study materials available to the Macsword community...

By the way... will this software work on an iPad? I don't have one, nor would I get one for another generation or two, but it is in the back of my mind.
[Apr 28, 2010 7:25:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: couple questions...

Hello

... a list of bible verses in the search engine and that list would come up in the translation selected. To go one step further, I accidentally pasted the list in a commentary module and just the comments on those specific verses appeared! That was a real bonus.

You can also add multiple bibles and commentaries into one view.
Have a look at those screenshots:
http://www.macsword.com/tour/

First, is there a way to have the full module names on the lefthand column? I tried renaming the modules themselves in the modules folder, but that only messed things up. Probably because the paths were renamed...

That's not possible in MacSword but I believe it is possible to change the module name in the modules .conf file. It should be enough to change the name in brackets [] at the top of the file.

Secondly, is there a way that the session can be saved so that each module is open to the specific topic being studied? For example, if I toggle between tabs in a window from Thompson Chain Reference to Calvin's Institutes or International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. And I am studying the word "Church". They will remain on that word, until I click to another tab and then when I go back it will have reset itself at the beginning of the module. This is true for when I am currently working in Macsword, or when I "Save a Session" and go open it up later. It remembers the modules, just not the place in the module I was reading. Is there a way for me to do this?

This is one our todo list but not possible at this time.

By the way... will this software work on an iPad? I don't have one, nor would I get one for another generation or two, but it is in the back of my mind.

Have a look at PocketSword:
http://www.crosswire.org/pocketsword

Manfred
[Apr 28, 2010 10:06:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scipioc

thanks for the reply. I will see about renaming the module .conf files. Again a great program. God Bless.
[Apr 28, 2010 10:32:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male scipioc

You were right about changing the full name of the modules. For anyone else interested, what I did was locate the modules in the User-Library-Application Support- Sword- mods.d folder. From there I changed the .conf file by opening each file in Text Edit and inserted the full name instead of the initials between the top parenthesis. Then saved the file and restarted Macsword and it worked. The only module that wasn't in there was the Personal Commentary Module which is in a different folder. Thanks for the help Manfred.
In Him
Adam
[Apr 28, 2010 1:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread