mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1566 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male Mikofox

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems/Bugs/Suggestions Version 2.2.1-1201

Hi,
I'm having the following problems;

Right-click on selected text to bookmark brings up the Bookmark pane with an empty Name field and Highlight checkbox unselected. If I click Ok nothing happens.
If I select text and use the + Button in the Toolbar the Name field is already filled in to the chapter and if I click Ok the bookmark shows in the BM list.

I don't understand why there is a difference in behavior of the two methods.
Also, do I assume wrong that if I have selected Enable Bookmark Highlighting in Preferences/Display, the checkbox in the Bookmark Pane should always be checked?

I think the problem I and others have is that they would like to highlight verses like they would in a paper edition, by sidelining or underlining or circling or whatever, which I do frequently without writing any comments - just so that the verses stand out and I can find them easier later on.

I don't know if this needs to be separate from Bookmarking, I would think not if the Bookmarking process could be simplified (the rightclick-one anyway)

In Bookmarking this could be easily accomplished if:
1. a preferred highlight color could be set as default
2. the checkbox Highlight would remember to stay on

Quitting and re-opening the application does not remember my last location, opens to Genesis.
Should it not remember my last position?

Using Function/Arrow Key Down to read further down the page gets thrown off frequently if I touch the trackpad and try two-finger scrolling to center the text. The page then jumps to the beginning of the chapter and I need to scroll down again and find my location which is rather annoying if I read along with an audio bible.

Thanks for now.
[Apr 19, 2010 1:40:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ericjosephp
Stranger

Re: Problems/Bugs/Suggestions Version 2.2.1-1201

Mine also never remembers the last session when I reopen it. It used to.

Another issue I see happening is the right sidebar always opening at start up and when i toggle between search and verse mode.

Maybe there is a wrong setting I have ??
[Apr 22, 2010 1:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Actually it does or should preserve and open the scriptures of each tab.
However I've seen the following bug:
after start up always the first tab is selected which is fine but if on shutdown a different tab was selected then the text of the selected tab is shown in the first tab. This is automatically resolved if you switch to another tab and back again to the first.
But still that's a bug.

The position within a scripture has never been saved in the session.

Yeah, I guess right side bar still needs some work. :/

Manfred
[Apr 23, 2010 12:47:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ericjosephp
Stranger

Ok, just wondering about the sidebar. It did not seem to do it before I last upgraded.

Thank you. It's an awesome tool. I use it often for my Bible college classes and devotionals.
[Apr 23, 2010 9:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread