mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4286 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male jhkc

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cannot get ESV

I just installed PocketSword on an iPod Touch. However, I cannot find ESV in either CrossWire1 or CrossWire2 sources. I can see that ESV is available on CrossWire website. How can install ESV into PocketSword?

Thanks for your help.

John
[Apr 6, 2010 10:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Cannot get ESV

Unfortunately I've needed to remove the ESV as a direct download from within PocketSword while we renegotiate our distribution agreement with Crossway, the publisher of the ESV. Things are going smoothly, so I'm hoping things can be restored in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, you are able to download the ESV as a raw ZIP download at the bottom of http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=ESV
Then you can "manually" install the ESV using a web browser & switching on "Module Maintainer Mode" (very bottom preference in PocketSword). A button will then appear in the top right corner of the downloads section of PocketSword, and you simply touch that and follow the instructions. :)

Let me know if you have any problems! Hopefully things will be resolved soon, but this is the current (allowable by Crossway) method until we finish renegotiating our agreement. :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Apr 7, 2010 4:03:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jhkc

Thank you Nic for the quick reply. I did it the "Manual" way. It worked. I was also able to install the Greek and Hebrew versions that I did not find in the built-in downloads.
John
[Apr 7, 2010 10:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Great to hear that it worked. :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Apr 12, 2010 2:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread