mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1339 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male dbonneville
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New Beta can't launch

I deleted my v1.4.4, all the plist info, etc, and the new beta version still won't launch. The icon bounces for about a second and then stops.

I'm running 10.6.2...

Any ideas? I've tried everything I can think of.
[Apr 1, 2010 7:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA
Re: New Beta can't launch

Module index format? Try deleting the indexes. I haven't used 1.4.4 in a long time, and I haven't had any issues.
----------------------------------------
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Apr 1, 2010 10:02:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I deleted my v1.4.4, all the plist info, etc, and the new beta version still won't launch. The icon bounces for about a second and then stops.

Check the CrashLog in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

And you don't need to delete any MacSword 1 configuration files.
Both basically use their own.
But some reports indicate that an old module installation base causes a crash.
Without more information or logs I can't tell whether this is the case here but if you don't mind you could try to delete this folder:
/Users/<yourlogin>/Library/Application Support/Sword

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Apr 2, 2010 4:53:00 AM]
[Apr 2, 2010 4:47:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dbonneville
Stranger

I removed the modules and it started fine. I then used the auto loader to replace what I had gotten rid of. Thanks - perfect!
[Apr 2, 2010 10:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread