mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1745 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male Aliby4now
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strongs Numbers vs <S>

Is there a way to make the Strong's numbers show instead of the <S>? Although the <S> is far more compact and saves space, having the actual numbers helps see if a passage has the same Strong's number as another.

Thanks again for what you have done in the latest release.
[Mar 21, 2010 7:35:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Strongs Numbers vs <S>

Right now, you only get the <S> instead of the number. I initially implemented it where it was <###>, where ### was the actual strong's number. However, you are right, it does take up a lot more space that way, which is why I then changed it to be simply an S, similar to what we do for footnotes and for cross-references.

I will consider implementing a preference to show the actual strong's number. I'm hoping to code that later this week and see how it works. If it feels right, it'll be in a 1.2.1 release, soon. :)

I'm also hoping to make it quick and easy to search for strong's numbers, if you have a search index installed for the module with Strong's numbers that you are currently viewing. :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 22, 2010 2:11:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thkyle
Stranger

United States

I just got the app tonight. I can't see any indication of the Strong numbers or an S when I load the KJV. Is there a setting that I am missing?
[Jul 27, 2013 6:54:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male thkyle
Stranger

United States

Found it! (thanks to my son.) At the bottom of the screen for that comentary, Bible etc. there are options to choose from for antone else that might have the same question.
[Jul 28, 2013 7:03:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread