mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1820 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Male Aliby4now
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Notes

Wonderful development made in this application, it is evolving into a slick application suitable for portable reference and study!

Previously my primary portable study tool was Palm Bible+ also based on the Sword Project. As the PalmOS also permits only a "single application" to run at once some of the Palm Bible+ features may be useful to review .

The one that has been extremely valuable is the Notes feature.
This was essentially a built in Note/Memo page where you could write notes and copy scriptures during teaching etc. Afterwards, you could export the Text to the standard Palm Memo application which would sync in the usual manner.

This feature was added as switching between Applications is just too slow for taking realtime notes and with it built in it makes it seemless, efficient and fast.

Even if export was only added later as copy/paste could suffice for now, would it be possible to add a basic text notepad into PocketSword? Perhaps accessible via a slide side-swipe would make note taking ultra fast and convenient.
[Mar 21, 2010 7:32:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Notes

I was also a big fan of Palm Bible+ back in the days of using my 515 & then my T3... :)

I hadn't considered doing notes like this, instead I have been thinking about the ability to create notes for each verse (touch a verse number & add a note for that verse, so your notes are basically a commentary).
I'll think about what you've said and that may be an alternative (or something to add in as well?).

Thanks for the suggestion - please feel free to make more :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 22, 2010 2:07:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

uhmm PalmBible+... that's a long history... I just came from Treo 680, I'm so happy to found PocketSword...

I was one of the Bible+ Team members as developer...

Just remembering... sorry
MacSword & PocketSword
[Mar 22, 2010 6:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Ahh, awesome -- glad you've found PocketSword. Back in the day, I used to read the Bible in PalmBible+ MUCH more than I ever would a paper Bible. :)
Glad I can express my thanks for your efforts by you using my efforts :)
PocketSword Developer
[Mar 23, 2010 6:28:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ricardo
Regular

Yes, cross-thank you!

And if I can help, just tell me!
MacSword & PocketSword
[Mar 23, 2010 8:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Aliby4now
Stranger

Hey Nic, thanks for the response.
Without a general note area (as opposed to verse specific) it is almost impossible to take notes during a preach or teaching.
Thanx for the consideration.
smile
[Mar 23, 2010 8:49:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

ok, thanks :)

If you have any ideas that you'd like in PocketSword, the best way of making suggestions is by adding something at: http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/PS
That way we can easily keep track of it and other ppl can comment on it :)
PocketSword Developer
[Mar 24, 2010 8:50:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Aliby
Stranger

USA

Thanks Nic.
I have registered at the bug site.
I will add some comments/ideas when appropriate.
(PS. got my original account sorted so Aliby4now will go dormant)
[Jun 1, 2010 10:43:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    acbaty@hotmail.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread