mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3475 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Male undercover
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Insertion?

Is scripture insertion coming back for 2.x? I miss it dearly. Copy-paste is a hassle and I like to be able to have it without verse numbers...
[Mar 20, 2010 11:22:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Insertion?

Hello undercover.

What is "scripture insertion"?
Option to disable showing verse numbers will come shortly.

Manfred
[Mar 20, 2010 1:21:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

The paste verse service that existed in 1.x, that allowed easy input into other applications.
[Mar 21, 2010 12:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I actually don't know this service. Must be from before my time.
What is too complicated with copy&paste?

Manfred
[Mar 21, 2010 2:52:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

In version 1.x there was a service (found in any Application menu under Services) that allowed you to automatically paste scripture by typing in any references, selecting them, and hitting the key combo (used to be command+option+8 if I remember correctly), or by selecting it out of the services menu.

By default it would paste the whole thing in without verse numbers, and then below it you would get the references in parenthesis.

This was super handy for creating notes in programs like word or pages. It also pasted in as plain text as opposed to stylized text.

Not sure how hard that is to pull off, but it made MacSword one of the handiest programs for creating notes, in conjunction with any word processor. It also was handy for pasting scriptures into speed reading software like spreeder.com.
[Mar 22, 2010 3:19:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Ahh, now I know.
The addition to the service menu.
Well, things have changed with Snow Leopard. and the old services do not work any longer.
However this guy created a service via Automator.
Check this out, I hope the files are still online, otherwise I still have them:
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,730

Manfred
[Mar 23, 2010 11:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

Well, that is helpful, but only does about half of what the old service did. The old one was able to paste the text in -- and without verse numbers but just with a reference below. I think I could edit the automator action to get it to copy (and maybe paste too), but getting it into the right format is the tricky part (and the part that really matters to me).

It's not that copy paste is that tricky, it just saves a ton of time to not have to exit your word processor, and not have to reformat the text once it gets in there. My PC colleagues use PC Study Bible and some crazy word macros to pull this off...

Thanks for the heads up on that, and looking forward to
[Mar 23, 2010 1:19:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Maybe you two could get together and change the Automator scripts to which ever purpose is suitable?
Next release will bring version number less texts.
[Mar 23, 2010 1:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male johnandrew
Stranger

hello undercover which script this is

Edit: Link removed by admin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at May 21, 2010 12:11:05 AM]
[Apr 28, 2010 6:24:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male katejohn
Stranger

I have visited these URLs and found interesting things there. In these days i am busy in developing an article directory, articleworlddb so will go through it in detail after some days!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by katejohn at May 20, 2010 11:03:32 PM]
[May 20, 2010 10:57:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread