mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 27
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7700 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
Male chasm
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Feature request: Simplify the Bookmark System

In Fullscreen, I ought to be able to hide the toolbar when I don't need it. I believe fullscreen mode needs to be where distractions fade away, and I can actually do Bible study (something I have never been able to do with a desktop Bible app in my life, but I have gotten pretty close to on the iPod Touch). That's one of the major design points of my interface suggestion in the other topic.
----------------------------------------
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Edit 2 times, last edit by chasm at Mar 6, 2010 2:23:42 PM]
[Mar 6, 2010 2:21:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well the distractions are away in fullscreen mode. No more Dock, menu bar, other windows and icons on the Desktop.
The toolbar could be a little less high but even as it is I can't really see where it is a distraction.

Which thread do you mean, the "User Interface suggestions"?

Manfred
[Mar 6, 2010 6:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA
tongue Re: Feature request: Simplify the Bookmark System

Yes, I am referring to my "user interface suggestions" thread. If you look at my fullscreen mockup, it's designed to make it possible to hide all the toolbars to the point that the main focus is entirely the Bible text, with only a small non-invasive toolbar at the top that you use to access the rest of the toolbars and switch tabs. That's really what I think should be possible in the fullscreen layout. It's so much harder to focus on the text with sidebars and thick toolbars in my face. It's the same phenomenon with web browsers. The Internet Explorer I use at work hogs at least 30 percent of the browsing space with a ton of toolbars. I much prefer Chrome or Safari, where I get as much space as possible for the web page. It should be the same for this app, to make Bible study on a computer as feasible and pleasurable as browsing the web in Chrome.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by chasm at Mar 6, 2010 9:32:07 PM]
[Mar 6, 2010 9:30:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Here is another alpha build.
The old default toolbar is back in windowed mode.
In fullscreen mode a custom view pops up when hovering the mouse in the top-middle.

http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-2.2.0a-a845.app.zip

Until I can have a look at the Chrome related stuff some time might go by. There are some other things which I'd like to address first.

Cheers,
Manfred
[Mar 15, 2010 7:05:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

Not bad. :)

If you put the TextContext, Module Option, etc. in the same toolbar with the module display and removed that toolbar altogether, you could get a nice minimalist look and feel. You could replace the text names of the menus with some kind of appropriate symbols, so that if someone uses split screen and such, they could have separate buttons for Module/Display Options, Context, and Size right in the top of the module display.
[Mar 15, 2010 4:33:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male joetraff
Stranger

United States

I appreciate your work.
Keep up the good work.
debt solutions
[Jul 14, 2010 8:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Mikofox

I think the first poster had good points and the bookmarking is still more complicated as it needs to be.

1. the checkbox Highlight and the Background color should be remembered from the last bookmarking or be the same as the Display Highlight color.
2. the name of the bookmark should by default be the same as in the Reference field. Or at least display a warning that the Bookmark can't be saved without a description.

The main reason I need to use Bookmarks is the fact that there is still no independent, permanent Highlight function.
This could be as simple as selecting text, rightclicking and choosing Highlight, which would use the color selected under Preferences-Highlight Color.
This is my main grudge with the software as I just like to mark sections of the Bible as simple as I can do with a paper edition without cluttering up the sidebar with Bookmarks.

Version 2.2.9-1702
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mikofox at Oct 14, 2010 2:33:38 PM]
[Oct 14, 2010 2:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread