mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3401 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Male mrirish7

Ukraine
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Macsword will not open

MacSword 2.1.0.463 crashed and I have tried to reinstall it but have the same problem. The Sword file has been removed from app support but with no change. Thanks for any help!
[Feb 1, 2010 1:25:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Macsword will not open

Please, I don't mean to be rude but please do search for similar posts before beginning a new thread.
There are more threads about this topic, for example this one which is still on the first page of this forum:
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,810

Regards,
Manfred
[Feb 1, 2010 8:17:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mrirish7

Ukraine

I am sorry for my mistake I have never used a forum before. I did read the other posts and tried to fix the problem according to those recommendations but to no avail. Again I am sorry. Thank you for your time
Mike
[Feb 1, 2010 9:02:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I am sorry for my mistake I have never used a forum before. I did read the other posts and tried to fix the problem according to those recommendations but to no avail. Again I am sorry. Thank you for your time
Mike

No, sorry, it's my mistake. I didn't read that you already tried removing the Sword folder from App Support.
Most crashes that people report are because of an old MacSword 1 SWORD module base.
I don't exactly know what really the problem is then but in that case removing the "Sword" folder in App Support did the trick.
Did you have a former MacSword 1 installation?

The only other crash report that I got reports was when session files from MacSword got corrupted and upon loading them MacSword crashed. In that case removing the session file worked.

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Feb 1, 2010 11:39:29 AM]
[Feb 1, 2010 11:37:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mrirish7

Ukraine

Yes, I did have an early version but I thought all the files were removed. I am new to the Mac system. If I send the error report would that help?
Mike
[Feb 1, 2010 1:03:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yes, I did have an early version but I thought all the files were removed. I am new to the Mac system. If I send the error report would that help?
Mike

Yes, it would help to make sure what the problem is.
You can send it to me by email.

Manfred
[Feb 1, 2010 1:11:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mrirish7

Ukraine

Will do and thank you.
[Feb 1, 2010 4:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Strange think.
I can't really make out from the crash log why it crashed and from where in MacSword.
There is a MacSword2.log file under ~/Library/Logs.
You you send me that, too, please.

Manfred
[Feb 2, 2010 2:04:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Thanks for sending the log.
According to it it looks like you already used MacSword 2.x version successfully.
Now, since when does the application crash? Since the upgrade to 2.1?

Manfred
[Feb 2, 2010 11:59:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mrirish7

Ukraine

I don't remember installing version 2. I open the program and it locks up and will not let me do anything in it, then after about 30 sec. it crashes. I have tried several times reinstalling it and tried to delete all known files that are associated with Macsword. The same results every time.
Mike
[Feb 2, 2010 12:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread