mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17521 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword 2.0.7 - Unable to install modules

Hmm, well.
So the module installer in MacSword 1 does work?
If so you could use that to install the modules and then can use MacSword 1 or 2 as you like.

Problem is, as long as it does work in my environment I unfortunately can't find any bug there might be.

Manfred
[Jan 17, 2010 2:09:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tbob32
Stranger

US

The dir I created was from the following section of the Readme.rtf in the docs folder in the dmg download, as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Manually installing modules
The download of MacSword application does not include any modules (bibles, dictionaries, etc.). You need to download them manually from the Crosswire website. For MacSword special modules (.swd) are available which have to be placed into the folder (if the folder does not exist, please create it first):
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Sword
In MacSword under Preferences->Module you need to point the Modules location folder to be the folder mentioned above and then restart. For MacSword version 1.3.1b2 and above this location is preset and it does not need to be changed. Just place your downloaded modules in the above mentioned folder.
MacSword 2 does not have this setting in preferences. This path is the only pre-defined module path in MacSword 2.
-----------------------------------------------------------

If I delete the dir and run the module installer it does create the dir and subfolders, appears to be downloading the KJV but nothing is installed. As mentioned before if I manually download the KJV and place it in that dir the app crashes on startup.

Bob
[Jan 17, 2010 10:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tbob32
Stranger

US

Ignore all of that, I just deleted all, rebooted, and reinstalled from fresh download. Tried the manual download and install again and it worked with two versions (KJV and MKJV). The app will start and work now. Since getting that working the module installer is now working.

Nothing I didn't try the other day, not sure what has happened or is different but all is now working. smile

Thanks for the help, let me know if there is something I can check that may help you debug,

Bob Taylor
[Jan 17, 2010 10:37:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iammikeb

USA

Bob,

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm.

I deleted every trace of MacSword from my previous installations. There were files in several directories to be deleted. I then rebooted and reinstalled and now the Module Installer is working just fine. Thanks a million Bob.

Manfred,

Might want to suggest to users that are upgrading from 1.x to do a complete uninstall (including deleting all previous files and directories) before upgrading.

Thanks again for the work that you put into this Manfred!
[Jan 18, 2010 8:42:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I didn't suggest this officially because there is only a few people that have problems with old MacSword 1 files.
If at all it is not necessary to delete the MacSword.plist file in Preferences and the bookmarks.plist file in AppSupport/MacSword.
Or at least copy your bookmarks and put them back in later if you don't want to loose them.
I suggested at some point because of those problems to delete the whole Sword folder content in AppSupport because the problem of the crash and possibly of the module installer are SWORD related. And the Sword AppSupport folder is the only place where any files are SWORD related.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jan 19, 2010 1:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread