mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 19
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21609 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Male jdhardin
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Installing own modules

Hi Nic,

Ah, I had an extra layer in the ZIP! Explaining *exactly* what you did made this clear for me (selecting both folders and right clicking...). Perhaps a quick FAQ would free you from having to explain this again and again...

Thanks again for your help!

Jeff
[Dec 30, 2009 12:36:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

An update now that searching is complete:

If you index your module using clucene, you can include that index in your zipped module and have search working :)

The best way would probably be to get one of the front-ends that uses clucene for search (not MacSword right now, altho I hear Manfred is possibly looking at switching to clucene in the future?) to index your module for you and to then make sure that it's included in the ZIP archive.

As an example, I have a screenshot of what the ESV looks like when this is done:
http://crosswire.org/pocketsword/img/module-zip-structure-withIndex.png

NOTE: what is actually in the lucene folder will differ from module to module, but hopefully you can see where the lucene folder is meant to be -- which should be exactly where it is generated.

If there are more questions, please let me know.
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 12, 2010 10:16:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tutone
Stranger

I am having trouble installing this module via the MMM:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=JST

Any ideas? Thanks
[Jan 23, 2011 8:52:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi there,

Sorry, PocketSword doesn't currently support all modules available on the CrossWire website yet. I am slowly adding support for more and more module types, with the next priority being "GenBook" support. Hopefully support for the JST will come not long after.
PocketSword Developer
[Jan 23, 2011 6:34:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

JST is just a Bible module (zText), so it seems like it should work fine. We should probably redo it as a GenBook Bible, but that is so experimental at the moment that it's not a high priority.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Osk at Jan 24, 2011 5:16:15 PM]
[Jan 24, 2011 5:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

heya Osk,

The issue with the JST is that I haven't decided how to best categorise modules that are of the type "Cults / Unorthodox / Questionable Material" & until I have that figured out, those modules are "unsupported". :( I'm doing some serious rewrite of some code for v1.4.0 & so perhaps this will make it into that version? :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
PocketSword Developer
[Jan 28, 2011 3:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female funnyrajj
Stranger

Many thanks OSK for the step by step guide
[Apr 11, 2012 5:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male vtcuong

Do you know any front-ends that uses clucene for search to index my self created module? I am using Window.

Thanks in advance
[Oct 4, 2012 12:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Most Sword UIs are capable of building and using clucene indices. E.g. in Xiphos (because that's the one I work on), open the module manager, go to Modules -> Maintenance, find and select your module, and hit the Index button at the bottom. PocketSword does not build clucene indices, but it will use one if the index is installed as part of installing the module from its repo, that is, if the index is included in the repo itself.
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Oct 4, 2012 3:15:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread