mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2170 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male Justin
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lexicon that will let me search an English word for the Hebrew

I just downloaded MacSword and I love it but I was wondering how i can get a lexicon that will let me search an English word and find the Hebrew word for it with a definition of the Hebrew word Thanx
[Dec 4, 2009 1:09:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Lexicon that will let me search an English word for the Hebrew

Did you have a look at our available modules?
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/index.jsp
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/betaindex.jsp

Manfred
[Dec 7, 2009 1:53:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Justin
Stranger

Yeah I looked through my lexicons and dictionaries modules and I thought that Strong's Greek and Hebrew dictionaries would help me but when I'm reading and I find a word I want to look up, for example "sanctify" when I right click it and select look up in Strong's it goes to the dictionary but cannot find the word because you would have to know the Greek word for sanctify before it could search the dictionary. I was needing one where I could just highlight the English word and look up the Hebrew or Greek word for it and its original meaning. My friend has a different program and his uses something called online Hebrew Bible lexicon ? Thanx for helping me I really appreciate it.
[Dec 7, 2009 7:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

In the glossaries section are:
- ERen_grc (Ergane English to Ancient Greek Glossary)
- ERen_he (Ergane English to Hebrew Glossary)

do they help you further?
[Dec 7, 2009 8:06:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Justin
Stranger

Yeah I tried that but it puts it in original Greek and I can't read that I guess what I'm trying to say is I need is the pronunciation of it in Greek. Its sounds really crazy but I know its out there I just got to find it. heres and example "love" in English can mean two different kinds of love in Greek: agape and phileo one is a brotherly love and the other is a love with the whole being. Once again thanx for your help I'm really new to trying to study the Bible out Im trying to read and English and figure out what it really means in Greek or Hebrew so any advice is much appreciated!
[Dec 7, 2009 10:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread