mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2345 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male tysonandlindsey
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
macsword app is "running away"

Hello,
I've been having a bit of trouble using MacSword since the update to version 2...
Basically, after studying for usually no more than 2 minutes, the application starts sucking my CPU to death and ends up freezing.
I'm running a 2.4 GHz MBP with 2 GB ram on OS X 10.6.2

here is a screenshot with the version of MacSword I'm using along with the CPU usage
[IMG]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx206/januarydrive2/macsword.jpg[/IMG]
[Nov 17, 2009 2:24:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: macsword app is "running away"

If you're having background indexing enabled then this is normal and no need to worry.
Indexing is a expensive process but is done here with low priority so that other applications or processes will get the CPU time if they need to.
However MacSword shouldn't freeze.
[Nov 17, 2009 3:08:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tysonandlindsey
Stranger

How long should I expect it to index (I have 71 modules installed)?

Also, on another note, what is the future of MacSword? Is there any goal for more modules? Is there any way that users can make bible modules or "topic" (e-sword) type modules?
[Nov 17, 2009 3:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

For 71 modules that can take quite a while.
Do you use them all?
I would then just turn background indexing off.

We are constantly trying to get the rights to publish more modules that are under copyright or create module from public domain texts.
I don't know about e-sword modules but there were some discussions in this forum about those.

Manfred
[Nov 18, 2009 1:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male tysonandlindsey
Stranger

How could I help to make public domain modules?
[Nov 18, 2009 3:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I guess so, yes.
But I would ask this question either in the "Module making" section of this forum or on our developer mailing list.

God bless,
Manfred
[Nov 19, 2009 2:31:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread