mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3273 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male Averain
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: HELP WITH MACSWORD

I was definitely seeing the earlier context menu (with "Search in Spotlight" in it). I was able to get the context menus you show by downloading the code and commenting out:

if([event type] == NSRightMouseDown)

in menuForEvent inside of ModuleViewController.m. In debug I had previously noticed that my Ctrl-Click was sending LMouseDown to this event handler.
[Nov 13, 2009 1:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

There is a debug log in this method -menuForEvent:. It always says:

Fri Nov 13 23:59:11 2009 DEBUG [MacSword] [ModuleViewController -menuForEvent:] NSEvent: type=RMouseDown loc=(560,537) time=58551.7 flags=0x100 win=0x0 winNum=1308 ctxt=0x1288b evNum=1715 click=3 buttonNumber=1 pressure=0

here when using my mouse.

Hmm, hold on, indeed when used on a Laptop with Ctrl-Click a LMouseDown is sent.
The question is whether this is a bug in Mac OSX. But even if so, there might be a work around.

@Clerical: do you use Ctrl-Click on a Laptop?
[Nov 13, 2009 5:10:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Commenting out this line brings brings the right context menu always.
But I'm wondering whether there might be any other side effects.
[Nov 13, 2009 5:12:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Averain
Stranger

According to the postings at http://www.mackb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/mac-hardware/1240/Right-click-mouse it seems that it isn't a bug in OSX but rather sets the left-click and then an NSControlKeyMask flag. That is probably correct and if you have a multi-button mouse then it works right, but I'd always thought of Ctrl-Click as being the equivalent of right-click, which really it isn't.

On my laptop I set the Secondary Tap on the Trackpad and it correctly sends the RMouseDown event.

I agree with you about the side effects. What if you changed the if statement to be:

(([event type] == NSRightMouseDown) ||
(([event type] == NSLeftMouseDown)&&([event modifierFlags]&NSControlKeyMask)))

Would that work?
[Nov 13, 2009 6:47:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yes, I think that would work.
I'll put this in.

Thanks for your help.
[Nov 14, 2009 5:00:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread