mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 459469 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: HELP WITH MACSWORD

Now that's a bit strange.
If I right-click on the link I get exactly the context menu that I posted with exactly two entries.
The context menu you get is a different one. I don't know right now where that comes from but the "Open Link" menu item is not related to MacSword, in fact the whole context menu is not related to MacSword.

For information: the Strong's module in preferences is only needed for bible modules with Strong's numbers. In this case here, in the dictionary this Strong's setting in preferences is not needed.

I'm a little baffled right now because I don't know where that context menu comes from. Could you try to right-click on the link without selecting the text please?
I'm interested if the context menu changes then. I'm getting the same context menu for either case.

Manfred
[Nov 13, 2009 1:28:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Alright, I just tested on Mac OSX 10.5 which I guess you are on.
Indeed here all custom context menu are not applied.
Have no idea why, need to investigate.

The "Open Link" function which you have in this context menu is the same as clicking on the link which display the result in the preview panel.

Manfred
[Nov 13, 2009 3:18:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Averain
Stranger

Just to add a data point. I'm on OSX 10.6.2 and I have the same issue (I see the longer context menu and my clicking on links does nothing).
[Nov 13, 2009 11:54:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

We should avoid mixing things here.

There is a longer context menu that looks like this:

This is used if text is selected. The below menu items are automatically added by Mac OSX Services and may not be on your menu.

And a shorter one on links:

The MacSword specific things which are common in both is the menu item "About this module". On that you can see that it is a MacSword custom context menu.

Can you please be more precise with what you exactly mean when you say "clicking on links".
As I said, even the "Open Link" menu item in the default text view that Clerical experienced does something (showing the link result in the preview panel) but not the right thing.

Now if you say that neither of the above context menus are working in any text view of MacSword on Mac OSX Snow Leopard (10.6.x) I'm even more baffled.

Manfred
[Nov 13, 2009 1:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Clerical: do you operate on your laptop and used Ctrl-Click?
[Nov 14, 2009 5:01:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Clerical

United States

In reply to your previous post, I am on Mac OSX Version 10.6.1, and yes I operate on my laptop using ctrl-click.
[Nov 14, 2009 10:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Then the latest update should fix this issue and you should have the right context menus.
[Nov 15, 2009 4:51:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread