mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2606 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male SteveR
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

Question: I just upgraded from version 1.4.3 to 2.0.2-271. Can I use the many modules I have from the older version for the new, or must I install them all over again? If yes, how would I get them to work? Thanks!

And thanks for the great app!

Steve
[Nov 4, 2009 6:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Both applications share the same modules and module folder.
If you have setup a module path for MacSword 1.4 that is not the default Module location for MacSword 2 then you have to copy your module because MacSword 2 only has on folder where it expects modules.

Regards,
Manfred
[Nov 4, 2009 6:37:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SteveR
Stranger

Thanks for the prompt reply, Manfred! I believe the path for 1.4 is Applications/MacSword. So I started a new folder in Apps, MacSword 2, and copied the modules into that folder, but it didn't work when I launched it.
[Nov 4, 2009 6:48:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The default path for modules in MacSword 2 is:
~/Library/Application Support/Sword
This actually is the default module path since MacSword 1.3.1b. But in MacSword 2 this path cannot be changed.

Have a look in our wiki for files and folders MacSword uses:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:MacSword

Manfred
[Nov 4, 2009 7:09:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male SteveR
Stranger

Thanks, Manfred. It was as you said, though after a few tries of getting my modules into the right folder and working, and not succeeding, I went to doing the regular module installing through the Module Manager. Seeing I could do multiple installs in each category, I selected all I wanted, and went about other business till each install session was done. If I'd been a little more savvy tech-wise I might have saved some time, but the way your program is set up it was still easy and fast. Thanks again!

Steve
[Nov 5, 2009 11:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread