mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3796 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Male iGreg
Regular

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Search not working at all in v.2 beta

I am using most recent v.2 beta and the search function does not work at all. No matter what word I search for it says 0 verses found.

I am using intel iMac with Snow Leopard.
[Oct 24, 2009 6:58:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iGreg
Regular

USA
Re: Search not working at all in v.2 beta

actually, I am finding the beta just generally unstable. I have had to force quit it several times tonight.
[Oct 24, 2009 7:13:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male PastorJosue

The same thing is happening to me. v. 1.4 was easier to use. I see a lot of good things in v. 2; but the search for a word is a tremendous hellp
[Oct 24, 2009 9:46:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The beta versions of course had some problems.
The latest version 2.0.2 is stable here, no matter which module and which search text.
Please give me some more details like log files or which version you are using and for which modules you are experiencing problems.
I don't actually see why and where version 1.4 was easier to use.
Searching for a word is as simple as switching to indexed search mode and typing a search word. If the index exists the search can be performed right away. If not the index has to be created first. In that regard there is absolutely no difference to version 1.4.

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 25, 2009 3:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iGreg
Regular

USA
confused Re: Search not working at all in v.2 beta

I have background indexing enabled.

Explain what you mean by switching to "Indexed Search Mode."
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by iGreg at Oct 26, 2009 6:00:56 PM]
[Oct 26, 2009 5:58:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well. In the toolbar left of the text entry box there is a segmented button with two segments. If you enable the toolbar labels or hover over the button is says something like "Search type".
The left setting is reference search i.e bible references.
The right setting is indexed search.
In order so search for words or phrases you need to be in indexed search mode.

Manfred
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Oct 27, 2009 12:14:08 AM]
[Oct 27, 2009 12:13:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male PastorJosue

Manfred:

I did all that and it is working fine. A little bit of patience helps.

PastorJosue
[Oct 27, 2009 1:00:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I'm glad it works now for you.
We are currently in the process of improving documentation and also creating some screen casts.

Manfred
[Oct 27, 2009 4:08:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male iGreg
Regular

USA

I have tried searching with each of those two buttons. Like I said, it continuosly shows "Found Zero Verses".

I do see those two buttons and tried both.

I am actually still using Bible Free Reader .99 . It is slow, but no problems
[Edit 1 times, last edit by iGreg at Oct 27, 2009 5:05:51 PM]
[Oct 27, 2009 5:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I have tried searching with each of those two buttons. Like I said, it continuosly shows "Found Zero Verses".

I do see those two buttons and tried both.

Try removing the index files of the modules and have them regenerated.
They are located under ~/Library/Application Support/MacSword/Index

Manfred
[Oct 28, 2009 3:47:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread