mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3426 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Female patty6445

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help - problem viewing verses

I was an avid fan of E-Sword, and then I got my mac. Today, I stumbled upon MacSword 2, downloaded it, downloaded the modules I wanted, confirmed that they are actually there...and then I run into problems.

When I open a new workspace, I can't figure out how to view Bible verse or anything in the text area. I can select references in the right menu, search by references, etc, but I can't view or select a specific verse. What am I missing?

Patty
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Oct 23, 2009 9:56:56 AM]
[Oct 20, 2009 12:16:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Help - problem viewing verses

Patty.

I don't quite understand.
Selecting a book or chapter from the right side bar is module specific. That mean you already have an open module and the text of the reference you chose will be displayed.

Entering a reference in the reference search text box of course needs an open module which you can open in the module list on the left side bar.

Do those screenshots maybe help you further?
http://www.macsword.com/tour/

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 20, 2009 1:05:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female patty6445

Unfortunately, no. I already tried using the screen shots to troubleshoot, and I just tried again, but no luck.

The way my screen looks after the module tab is open and I've selected a book and chapter from the right menu is it lists all of the References in that chapter in the viewing area. Like this:
Ruth 2:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

But I can't see any words and can't select any of the verses. All I can do is highlight the text above from Ruth to 23.

Any idea what's going on?

Patty
[Oct 20, 2009 1:53:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Which module are you operating on?

Manfred
[Oct 20, 2009 2:36:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female patty6445

ESV Bible text, ASV Bible text, the Webster dictionary... I've tried a lot of them.
[Oct 20, 2009 5:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Which version exactly do you have?
You can see that in the "About MacSword" menu item in the main menu.

Manfred
[Oct 21, 2009 12:03:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female patty6445

I have MacSword 2.0.2-271
[Oct 21, 2009 12:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Could you please send me the log file of the application.
You can find it under:
/Users/<yourlogin>/Library/Logs/MacSword2.log

And do you know how to create screenshots?
I'd like to see this.
You can send it to my private email address (in my profile).

Regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Oct 21, 2009 12:39:32 PM]
[Oct 21, 2009 12:39:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female patty6445

email sent at 5:30 PM EST.
[Oct 21, 2009 2:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Thanks, I received it.

How did you install the modules?
Using the module installer or manually?

Manfred
[Oct 21, 2009 2:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread