mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1615 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male lightbrusher
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to use older modules?

Hi, all. I just downloaded the latest MacSword release 2.0.2-269. Can anyone please tell me how I can get it to recognize all my modules that are in the same folder on my hard drive? My old version is 2.0.0b1-2 and it recognizes all my modules. I don't want to have to download them yet again. Thanks!
[Oct 20, 2009 7:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lightbrusher
Stranger

USA
Re: How to use older modules?

Oops, my version that recognizes all the modules is 1.4.4. The info dialog box gave the wrong version number.
[Oct 20, 2009 8:06:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

I have heard of some where MacSword 2 didn't recognise the module installations of 1.4.4.
To be honest I have absolutely no clue what happens there but you can try the following:

- close MacSword
- open a finder window and navigate to the module folder
- move the Sword folder to the Desktop or someplace else
- open MacSword2 so that a new Sword folder gets created
- now move back your .swd files and the folders "mods.d" and "modules"

Let me know if that worked.

Manfred
[Oct 20, 2009 8:16:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lightbrusher
Stranger

USA

Hi, Manfred.

No, it did not work. Now I have searched my HD for any MacSword file names and moved them all to another drive. I deleted the MacSword folder in the Application Support folder and yet the application recognizes the modules that I have loaded from the Crosswire site. It does not write another MacSword folder in the applications folder. Where is the program writing and storing these downloaded modules???? If I could find that I could copy the many modules that I already have into it and see if that works. Argh!!!!
[Oct 22, 2009 9:44:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The MacSword folder is not the right one.
Try this again with the "Sword" folder.

This wiki page gives some information about which files are stored where:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:MacSword

Manfred
[Oct 22, 2009 11:39:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lightbrusher
Stranger

USA

Thanks so much! I found it all with the help of you and that article. If I want the download manager to keep the database straight, though, it might be just easier to download the files again anyway. Thanks again!

God Bless,
Rob
[Oct 23, 2009 10:04:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread