mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2395 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male markuslebt
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cool please help me run macsword 2.0 on my macbook...

hellosies !

its markus here from germany, i used e-sword a couple years ago and always was a total fan of it, it was freeware and allowed me to structurally search the holy word of god in ways i could not do it just by regular study.

the last years i changed to macs, and havent found a version that i could run successfully, now i stumbled across macsword and think it would be so cool if i could get it to work !

can u guys help me please ? i just installed the macsword version 2.0 on this macbook 1.83 Ghz intel core duo processor. it also has 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM working memory. the software version is Mac OS X 10.5.8.

i downloaded the application but when i click on the logo with the sword and shield nothing happens. can anybody tell me why that is ?

thanks a lot and have a great sunday !

MB
[Oct 18, 2009 7:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: please help me run macsword 2.0 on my macbook...

Hi Markus.

You mean you downloaded the application and unzipped the .app.zip file?
Then you double clicked the application?

Well, normally this is supposed to start the application and you should get one window.
When the application starts the application icon jumps in the dock. Does it do that?

Did the application crash of some sort? Did you get a crash reporter window?

Regards,
Manfred
[Oct 18, 2009 7:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male markuslebt
Stranger

hello, yes exactly i downloaded the zipfile, when i doubleclick on the icon it jumps into the dock, but then nothing happens afterwards, no program opens. what do i do wrong ?
thanks in advance
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by markuslebt at Oct 18, 2009 12:17:40 PM]
[Oct 18, 2009 12:16:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Did you try version 1.4 of MacSword at some point?

Could you send me, or attach the MacSword2.log file found in:
~/Library/Logs

Manfred
[Oct 19, 2009 12:51:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male markuslebt
Stranger

woohoo, it works ! it was already running, but since i hadnt installed any bible versions yet nothing opened up at the startup. thanks though for all that offered me help ! (namely manfred mann lol)
[Oct 19, 2009 4:50:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male raffaespo
Stranger

Italy

Hi, the same thing happens to me: MacSword 2 desn't start at all, even though I used version 1 for years without problems.
When I double click to start the application, the icon jumps once in the dock and it suddenly disappears.

Here is the error log:

OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
Report Version: 4

Command: MacSword
Path: /Users/raffa/Desktop/MacSword.app/Contents/MacOS/MacSword
Parent: WindowServer [57]

Version: 2.0.2-271 (271)

PID: 309
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: ___stack_chk_guard
Referenced from: /Users/raffa/Desktop/MacSword.app/Contents/MacOS/MacSword
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
[Nov 10, 2009 5:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male raffaespo
Stranger

Italy

ops, I just read it doesn't work with Tiger.
Sorry.
[Nov 10, 2009 8:30:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread