mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2656 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male arthurclarke

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How do I make "ot1nt2" reading calendar work?

I have tried the Alkitab version of Sword for Mac and love the "ot1nt2" (OT once - NT twice per year) reading calendar. Alkitab is not stable for me so I wanted to add this reading calendar to MacSword.

I searched these forums and found an old thread with a link to "ot1nt2" file--with exact instructions on how to make it work in the "2006" version of Sword. However, these instructions do not work at all for me in the latest 2009 version of MacSword 2.0.0xx.

Can someone more technical than me help me make this work? I love this reading plan. (iMac G5, OS X 10.5.7)

Original post copied below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by dmsmith at Nov 20, 2006 5:48:11 AM
Re: Custom reading calendar
BibleDesktop supports reading plans. It has a reading plan that starts in Genesis and Matt and goes through the OT once in a year and the NT twice.

To replace this plan with your own, do the following:
Grab the following files and edit the content to your liking:

http://www.crosswire.org/svn/jsword/trunk/jsw...eadings/ot1nt2.properties

Rename it to:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.readings.ot1nt2.properties

Place in
~/.jsword, if you are on Linux
~/Application Data/JSword, if on Windows (~ is typically c:/Documents and Settings/yourID, where yourID is your id)
~/Library/Application Support/JSword on the Mac

If you email your reading plan to jsword-devel@crosswire.org or bibledesktop-users@crosswire.org, I'll add it to BibleDesktop as another reading plan.
[Aug 23, 2009 10:02:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Re: How do I make "ot1nt2" reading calendar work?

BibleDesktop and AlKitab use JSword, the remainder of the programmes (incl MacSword) use libsword. former is Java, latter is C. So you can not do what you want to do - at least in this form.
[Aug 23, 2009 2:06:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male arthurclarke

Thanks gichurch for the info. Is there anyone out there who knows how I am able to "convert" the ot1nt2.properties file to something that will work in MacSword? Thanks much.
[Aug 24, 2009 3:14:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

You need to create a dictionary module tagged as "daily devotion":
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Main_Page
See on the right side for "creating modules".
Normally to generate a modules you create a XML source file with some custom tags (for dictionary you can use TEI) which encode the data you need/want.
Then validate the XML and run it though an utility program of the SWORD library which creates a module usable by MacSword and all the other programs which use the SWORD engine.
Then there has to be a .conf file which contains some meta data about the module.
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:confFiles

Manfred
[Aug 25, 2009 12:02:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

The ot1nt2 reading calendar you mention is more properly called the Bible Companion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Companion). I have asked Karl Kleinpaste to host a copy that I use with BPBible in the Xiphos repository.

Update: Karl has added it to the Xiphos repository. I don't know how you would then download that with MacSword, but I'm sure Manfred or someone will.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jonmmorgan at Aug 25, 2009 6:16:21 AM]
[Aug 25, 2009 4:09:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male arthurclarke

Thank you Manfred and jonmmorgan for your info. I'm happy there is a file that seems to be usable without possibly the need to rebuild the ot1nt2 file. It might be possible but would strain my lack of expertise!

I will search online to find the location of the Xiphos repository and try to locate the Bible Companion file. It will be a joy if MacSword can absorb it properly somehow. Thanks again for both your help.

Jerry
[Aug 25, 2009 2:42:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread