mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4724 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

For me, MacSword 1 opens the Modules in /Applications/MacSword/Modules (MacSword 1 is at "/Applications/MacSword/MacSword 1.app" since I downloaded MacSword 2β as MacSword.app)

Ok, you have set this as the module path in MacSword preferences.

I don't remember doing that; is it possible that this preference was the default some time?

For old MacSword versions before 1.3 the default module path was "./Modules".
Since MacSword 1.4 it is the one in Application Support.

MacSword 2 has a fix path which is the one in "Application Support".
The reason for this is that we agreed to this path as other applications like BibleDesktop and BibleTime also use this path for module lookup.

That sounds reasonable. I haven't tried BibleDesktop and BibleTime – do they also use .swd files, or just the standard unix directory structure? Then it might be a sensible choice to declare .swd deprecated?

AFAIK MacSword is the only application supporting .swd files. They are not deprecated.

I'm using .swd modules, too and this is working. The only thing I can imagine is that it is a module that is causing the crash when MacSword is trying to load it.
So we need to find out in your case which one it is.

It certainly is not a single module. I've just redownloaded the .swd file for KJV and unpacked it freshly to ~/Library/Application Support/Sword – and the programme crashed; sorry. Should I try one of the modules that work for you?

I have lots of modules installed including the KJV.

Your environment is still not clear to me:
- did you try starting with a fresh "Application Support/Sword" folder?
- do you only have the KJV module as .swd file in this folder?
- did you try installing the module using the module installer?

I just tried to move away my "Sword" folder, started MacSword so that it created this folder. Then quit MacSword, copied the KJV.swd into this folder and start again. All worked.

Can you give me a similar sequence of actions you did that are re-producable for me which lead to a crash?

Regards,
Manfred
[Aug 21, 2009 12:24:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male clarval

For old MacSword versions before 1.3 the default module path was "./Modules".
Since MacSword 1.4 it is the one in Application Support.

Thanks! Then my old MacSword 1 must have taken over this default from an older version.

MacSword 2 has a fix path which is the one in "Application Support".
The reason for this is that we agreed to this path as other applications like BibleDesktop and BibleTime also use this path for module lookup.

That sounds reasonable. I haven't tried BibleDesktop and BibleTime – do they also use .swd files, or just the standard unix directory structure? Then it might be a sensible choice to declare .swd deprecated?

AFAIK MacSword is the only application supporting .swd files. They are not deprecated.
OK, you decide about your programme.

I'm using .swd modules, too and this is working. The only thing I can imagine is that it is a module that is causing the crash when MacSword is trying to load it.
So we need to find out in your case which one it is.

It certainly is not a single module. I've just redownloaded the .swd file for KJV and unpacked it freshly to ~/Library/Application Support/Sword – and the programme crashed; sorry. Should I try one of the modules that work for you?

I have lots of modules installed including the KJV.

Your environment is still not clear to me:
- did you try starting with a fresh "Application Support/Sword" folder?

Yes, that's what I meant by ‘one {module} at a time’. I also tried to remove the preference file in "~/Library/Preferences".

- do you only have the KJV module as .swd file in this folder?

When I tried the KJV version with the 2β version: yes. (By the way: Yesterday's attempt was with yesterday's β).
- did you try installing the module using the module installer?

Yes, but that gave me a standard unix path setup (see initial post; it did not crash). I preferred having the .swd files as it is more mac-like and permits me to use MacSword 1 and 2β with the same modules, at least until version 2 has consolidated.
I just tried to move away my "Sword" folder, started MacSword so that it created this folder. Then quit MacSword, copied the KJV.swd into this folder and start again. All worked.

Can you give me a similar sequence of actions you did that are re-producable for me which lead to a crash?

Thanks, but you did what I did. It is just that my MacSword crashed.

Thanks for bearing with me,
clarval
[Aug 22, 2009 8:14:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Thanks, but you did what I did. It is just that my MacSword crashed.

Hmm, strange.
Which version of Mac OSX are you on and is it PPC or Intel?
Is there a crash log you can send me?
And I guess we both have the same KJV version but just to make sure, can you send this as well?

Manfred
[Aug 22, 2009 9:02:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread