mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2505 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male timchase
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Using cipherraw with bible modules

I have successfully created bible modules in both raw and compressed format. I'm working with a bible society and they are wanting me to protect their bible from unauthorized manipulation. I have run the cipherraw utility against the raw files in the modules/texts/rawtext/modname directory and the output from the utility shows up one directory back in the rawtext directory with new file names like modulenament.xxx.vss etc.
the question is:
Where do I place these new files following running of the cipherraw utility?
Is the only other necessary addition to the config file cipherkey="xxxxxxx"?
Can I also run cipherkey against compressed files?

Thanks for any input

Tim
[Jul 16, 2009 12:38:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Using cipherraw with bible modules

I have successfully created bible modules in both raw and compressed format. I'm working with a bible society and they are wanting me to protect their bible from unauthorized manipulation. I have run the cipherraw utility against the raw files in the modules/texts/rawtext/modname directory and the output from the utility shows up one directory back in the rawtext directory with new file names like modulenament.xxx.vss etc.
the question is:
Where do I place these new files following running of the cipherraw utility?

The new files may be moved to the previous module location and should have the same names as the old files. So for uncompressed files, you will want nt, nt.vss, ot, & ot.vss files (assuming both an Old & New Testament).

Is the only other necessary addition to the config file cipherkey="xxxxxxx"?

Yes.

Can I also run cipherkey against compressed files?

No, cipherraw will always output uncompressed files. (You can run it on compressed files, but it will output uncompressed ones.)

To produce a compressed ciphered module, you can use mod2zmod, which will accept a cipherkey argument. Also, the osis2mod utility will accept a cipherkey argument, so if your source document is an OSIS document, you can import, compress, and encipher with a single program.
[Jul 16, 2009 3:41:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread