mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1784 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male PastorEric
Stranger

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
index issue

the index seems to lock up the sword program and so I have to force quit. Is there a problem with the index? or does it take so long to look up a word, like so far I left it thinking for 10mins already and is still running.
[Jul 8, 2009 5:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: index issue

Hi.

What version of MacSword are you using, on which OS version and for which module does this happen?

Regards,
Manfred
[Jul 9, 2009 1:17:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male rayoder
Stranger

I had the same issue, and I force quit a couple times, but if you just open it and let it run for a while, it eventually finishes indexing. It's just using so much CPU that it seems like it is crashed, when it really isn't. Hope this helps.
[Jul 9, 2009 8:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male PastorEric
Stranger

United States

Thanks for the reply, I am using the version 2.0.0b1-216 and on a MacOX 10.5.7 the spanish RVGomez and the encyclopia, dictionary. I think I will try to wait a little bit longer so it can complete the indexing and hope this is just the problem like the other person that had the same problem I had. I will try tonite and let you know as soon as possible. Thanks again.
[Jul 11, 2009 9:26:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yes. I've tried it and it seems there is a problem of some sort.
But here at the end of creating the index the program froze. Next start the index was there and I could work with it.

Manfred
[Jul 15, 2009 1:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread