mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5385 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Male Cilionelle

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Greek & Esperanto versions and displaying special characters

Hi all! First message and all, etc.

Just wondering if it's possible to a) get versions of these... ah, versions, with correctly displaying breathing/accents/special characters or b) edit the files behind them to included said items.

Cheers!
[Jul 2, 2009 6:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: Greek & Esperanto versions and displaying special characters

I don't know anything about the Esperanto version so I can't help you there. For the Greek, there are some modules with accents and it is possible to use them in Xiphos by right-clicking in the text and going to Module Options->Greek Accents. If you reply here with which Greek versions you are looking at, I can tell you whether they have the option available or not.

You will get faster replies and more people who know about this on the Xiphos user list. Go here to sign up.

Matthew
[Jul 2, 2009 8:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

There shouldn't be any problems with the current Esperanto Bible itself, which was last updated in late March. If you have any sort of display problems with that release of the Esperanto Bible, then it's probably a font issue. In any case, we would need you to describe further what you are seeing/not seeing that appears to be in error, because it looks correct to me and to the Esperanto reader who requested that we update the orthography of our module to the modern standard.
[Jul 3, 2009 2:28:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Cilionelle

For some reason, all I get is 'cx', 'gx', 'hx', 'jx', 'sx' and 'ux' for the Esperanto special letters ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ and ŭ.

And the Greek versions are: LXX, TR, Tisch and WHNU. If I'm missing something critical please let me know.

Thanks!
[Jul 12, 2009 11:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Cilionelle

*cough*

Ah, nevermind about the Eo version... I just had an older one (must've got it just before March or something...)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cilionelle at Jul 13, 2009 12:04:33 AM]
[Jul 13, 2009 12:01:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Sorry for not replying sooner. I don't know of any way to get this forum to let me know when someone replies, so it's hard to keep track of.

Of the Greek modules you listed, only Tisch has Greek accents available. To turn these on, right-click in the text, go to Module Options and select "Greek Accents".
[Jul 27, 2009 2:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Cilionelle

Thanks! I'm installing it as we speak.
[Aug 11, 2009 7:42:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Cilionelle

Hmmm. Can't seem to get the thingies working. There doesn't seem to be an option for Greek accents in the Tisch module I got (about a minute ago, so it's up to date...).
[Aug 11, 2009 7:52:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

What options do you have?
[Aug 21, 2009 11:25:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Cilionelle

For Tisch, "Set module font"
For WHNU, "Set Module Font", "Strong's Numbers", "Morphological Tags", "Variants > All Readings, Primary Reading, Secondary Reading" (WHNU is there just for reference)
[Aug 22, 2009 3:38:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread