mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4441 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male dennisbreyes
Stranger

Philippines
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Sword for MS Vista

Will there be a version for Vista any time soon. I have to run this in XP mode and am encountering application runtime error x00000-type and memory allocation problems.

For some reason, too, the Strong's Greek Dictionary is not showing as a module i can hide/unhide.

Can anyone help me resolve this via a workaround until the project comes up with a Vista-ready product?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Blessings!
[Jun 22, 2009 1:30:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    dennisbreyes@aol.com    dennisbreyes@live.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: Sword for MS Vista

I would recommend re-installing. If you can live with losing all of your Sword settings, it would be a good idea to delete all of the files with a .conf extension in C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project. The other possible source of a problem is a bad module, in which case you may want to contact us at sword-support@crosswire.org with a list of installed modules. But it may simply be the case that one of the modules was incompletely downloaded, causing problems for the program.

There are no known problems with The SWORD Project for Windows and Vista (nor Windows 7 beta 1--I haven't tried Win7 RC1). Most people, myself included, have had no problems when running the program in Vista.

If you have the Strong's Greek Bible Dictionary installed, it will be listed in the Hide/Show module list for the lexicon & dictionary panel (at the bottom). It's listed as StrongsGreek. It's not possible for the dictionary to be installed and visible as a tab but not show up in this list.
[Jun 24, 2009 11:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Female Shawny68
Stranger

Hi i'm new here.

I have another Vista question. I cannot install modules with the install manager for some reason. I get a error How do I fix that problem?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shawny68 at Sep 24, 2009 4:21:48 PM]
[Sep 24, 2009 4:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Have you successfully used Install Manager in a version of Windows other than Vista or 7?

Are you behind a firewall or a network gateway, particularly one using NAT? (If you have a NAT firewall, you will probably need to enable a passive FTP session. If the firewall is blocking port 22, it needs to be unblocked.)

Are you using a software firewall? (XP and later come with one by default, and it will warn you about programs trying to make connections. If enabled, you need to tell the firewall to give Install Manager permission to create connections (on port 22).)

Are you using an active or passive FTP session in Install Manager? (If active, try switching to passive.)

What error message do you get?
[Sep 24, 2009 8:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread