mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3000 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male skyblue
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
index issue

One issue baffles me.

When I was using MacSword 1.4.3 on Intel-Mac 10.5.7 all bible translations would display all verses in both Old & New Testaments. Since migrating to the latest MacSword 2 full version beta (2.0.0b1-216), some bibles do not display the verses and even chapters.

Among many missing verses, ESV, for instance, would not properly generate the all the verses in Genesis chapter 30. 1 Peter chapter 5 in Korean bible is missing all the verses. The same modules are used in both MacSword versions 1.4.3 and 2 full version beta.

Is this some kind of 'indexing' or 're-indexing' issue?
[Jun 12, 2009 2:39:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: index issue

Can you please be a bit more precise.

For the the bible translations which I use all chapters and verses are displayed that are in the module. At least I didn't find any missing one.

ESV displays all 43 verses in Genesis here.

Which Korean bible are you refering to?

Are you talking about indexing or the normal reference lookup?

Regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Jun 13, 2009 11:53:12 AM]
[Jun 13, 2009 11:52:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male skyblue
Stranger

The chapter and/or verse display issue is not from the normal reference lookup. It's when you try to read the Bible like in daily meditation.

The Korean module is the for OSX which I downloaded about two years ago from www.macsword.com. The MacSword 1.4.3 is on my iMac. MacSword 2 full beta is on my macbook. Both Macs have OSX 10.5.7 and the same modules.

MacSword 1.4.3 (iMac) - the Korean version, for example, shows 1 Peter 5 with all verses displayed.

MacSword 2 full beta (lastest version on the Macbook) - the Korean version shows 1 Peter 5 with no verses. The verse numbers are there - all of it - but without actual words.

The Song of Solomons has the same problem with the MacSword 2 full beta. And, it's this kind of omission of verses here and there throughout the Korean module. MacSword 1.4.3 has no problem whatsoever. It displays all verses in any chapter in any book .

It's the similiar thing with the ESV. MacSword 1.4.3 has no problem displaying all verses and chapters. Not so with the MacSword 2 full beta. Some chapters are partially displayed (Gen 30, for example); some chapters just empty ... only verse numbers appear.
[Jun 14, 2009 6:31:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

The chapter and/or verse display issue is not from the normal reference lookup. It's when you try to read the Bible like in daily meditation.

Hmm. What do you mean "daily meditation"? In which mode do you enter the search strings then? And how does a search string look like?

The Korean module is the for OSX which I downloaded about two years ago from www.macsword.com. The MacSword 1.4.3 is on my iMac. MacSword 2 full beta is on my macbook. Both Macs have OSX 10.5.7 and the same modules.

What is the name of the Korean module you are refering too?
There are updates to modules as well, so they are also subject to change. But actually mostly bug fixes.

Regards
[Jun 15, 2009 12:17:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread