mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2091 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male jab090762
Stranger

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
OSIS Bible texts

Hi

I'm a newbie here. Found this b/c of my interest in semantic web technologies and their application to Bible study.

First, I found OSIS website but it appears inactive since 03/2006. Is this the case or has it migrated somewhere else?

Also, very interested in all Bible texts that were encoded using the OSIS format. So far, the only book I have found for KJV is Titus. Anyone here know where I can find the rest, assuming they exist?

Thanks!
JAB
[Jun 2, 2009 2:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    jab9762 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male gichurch
Regular

Re: OSIS Bible texts

We use OSIS internally in preparation of our modules, but do not regularly publish OSIS texts.

The KJV is an exception and you should be able to get the whole text as OSIS somewhere on the site. Do not have a link right now.
[Jun 3, 2009 3:19:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Nightstorm
Stranger

hi.

First, I found OSIS website but it appears inactive since 03/2006. Is this the case or has it migrated somewhere else?

I was gong through their website recently too & realised it wasn't active awhile. - i think i remember a module or 2 having the OSIS format mentioned.. but maybe they were old ones.

jab ThML is a good format & many of the modules here are in that format i think
[Jun 5, 2009 12:10:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA

The OSIS for the KJV can be found at http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/kjv2006

Regarding the apparent inactivity of the OSIS website, what needs to change?

By the way Harry Plantinga is a pioneer of both ThML and more recently OSIS.

In Christ,
DM
[Jun 5, 2009 6:57:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread