mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6761 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male DBSword
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Add support for look up in Dictionary, Leopard OSX

hi,
i am using Macsword 1.9.7 it's great. well improved from previous version.

it would be very helpful if you can activate/add a feature to look up a highlighted word in built in Dictionary of Leopard OSX. Same thing you can do in Safary, by right clicking.

when i highlight a word and right click on it, i can see option look up in Dictionary, but it's grayed out right now.

please make it work. thanks

here is the screenshot:
/Users/Den/Desktop/Picture 2.png
[May 24, 2009 12:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: Add support for look up in Dictionary, Leopard OSX

Try this in any application on the MacOS Leopard:

Put your mouse over a word you want to have looked up in the dictionary.

Press Control + Command and tap D. The word you are above will be highlighted and a popup with the definition will appear. As long as you hold down the Control - Command keys, the popup will stay up.

Then try moving the mouse to another word while holding down Control - Command and it will move the highlight, the popup and change the content.

In Christ,
DM
[May 31, 2009 5:11:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

hi,
i am using Macsword 1.9.7 it's great. well improved from previous version.

it would be very helpful if you can activate/add a feature to look up a highlighted word in built in Dictionary of Leopard OSX. Same thing you can do in Safary, by right clicking.

when i highlight a word and right click on it, i can see option look up in Dictionary, but it's grayed out right now.

You really mean the OS X dictionary?

You need to select a word first, if you then do right-click the options should be available.
However they only search in SWORD dictionaries modules not in the OS X dictionary.
But this can be added quite easily.

Manfred
[Jun 10, 2009 1:25:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bbabaa

USA

How about a Dictionary Window so that when you highlight a word or Morph Code the appropriate information shows up in a the window, so that you don't have to go through the extra step of right-clicking and opening in another tab...

It would just be nice to have dictionaries available in the same window like the Commentaries...

I believe this is an option in Bible Desktop... Can it be added to MacSword?
----------------------------------------
Dr. Basil N. Babaa, D. Min.
Union Center of Biblical Studies
Education for Life!

(v) 704.572.1679
(f) 704.888.0407
basil.babaa@unionbiblical.org
[Feb 24, 2010 8:03:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

How about a Dictionary Window so that when you highlight a word or Morph Code the appropriate information shows up in a the window, so that you don't have to go through the extra step of right-clicking and opening in another tab...

That's already the case in the preview panel.

It would just be nice to have dictionaries available in the same window like the Commentaries...

That might come at some point.

Manfred
[Feb 24, 2010 8:10:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bbabaa

USA

Are you referring to the Tool Tip type pop-up when highlighting a code? Or is there some other Panel I can turn on to allow for single-clicking on a code?

Has anyone else ever requested this? Or am I the only one so far?
----------------------------------------
Dr. Basil N. Babaa, D. Min.
Union Center of Biblical Studies
Education for Life!

(v) 704.572.1679
(f) 704.888.0407
basil.babaa@unionbiblical.org
[Feb 24, 2010 8:35:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Are you referring to the Tool Tip type pop-up when highlighting a code? Or is there some other Panel I can turn on to allow for single-clicking on a code?

There is a HUD style "Preview panel" which you can open. on left-click it shows the Strong's, Morphs, Cross-Refs and other type of information of links.
Is this what you are looking for?

Has anyone else ever requested this? Or am I the only one so far?

I'm not aware of anyone requesting this.
Actually I doubt it really is so useful. The space that would be available for such a dictionary lookup would be very small while switching a tab is not such a great issue I suppose.

Cheers,
Manfred
[Feb 24, 2010 9:18:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread