mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2230 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male undercover
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Request: Interlinear Strongs

It would be quite helpful to have line-by-line interlinear Strongs instead of word-by-word.

Xiphos for Linux does it really well.

Another thing on my wishlist, but far less important is cover-flow style bible browsing.
[May 21, 2009 5:23:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: Request: Interlinear Strongs

I'd like to hear more about cover flow and how you see it being used.

As to interlinear, I can supply the MacSword team with a fragment of html and an associated style sheet that makes it work well. We'd do it for JSword/Bible Desktop (which I work on) but it does not handle html as well as MacSword or Xiphos.

BTW, Bible Desktop works on Linux, Mac and Windows, if you are looking for a solution that works the same on all machines. You can even install it on a thumb/usb drive and use that on any of these computers. (Sorry, for the shameless plug for BD. :)

In Him,
DM Smith
[May 22, 2009 7:29:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

Yes, I have used BibleDesktop, it is very nice as well. Of all the Sword project apps I have used, I like Xiphos the best, but BD and MacSword are both good as well.

I think coverflow could be used for a virtual "bible-flip" - the same way we often flip our bible and say, "What next, God?" and open up to somewhere...

but it could also be used as a quicker way of getting around.

Basically as a verse chooser, first to flip between books of the Bible, and also chapters. It would allow us multi-touch users to change chapters or books by simply swiping to the side.

Make sense?

But I'd take interlinear over coverflow =D
[May 26, 2009 5:14:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Yes, I have used BibleDesktop, it is very nice as well. Of all the Sword project apps I have used, I like Xiphos the best, but BD and MacSword are both good as well.

I think coverflow could be used for a virtual "bible-flip" - the same way we often flip our bible and say, "What next, God?" and open up to somewhere...

but it could also be used as a quicker way of getting around.

Basically as a verse chooser, first to flip between books of the Bible, and also chapters. It would allow us multi-touch users to change chapters or books by simply swiping to the side.

Make sense?

But I'd take interlinear over coverflow =D

Not a bad idea. :)
However MacSword lacks some more important features like the one you mentioned which are more pressing.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jun 9, 2009 8:35:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread