mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5650 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male bluemoonlabel
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
James Moffett Translation

I looked but I didn't see any post regarding a Moffett translation. What is the possibility of this becoming a module?

Thanks and Blessings,

Joshua
[May 20, 2009 1:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jonmmorgan
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: James Moffett Translation

The earliest Moffatt OT is 1924, while the "New Translation" is 1926, and later revisions are even later. These dates pose severe potential copyright issues, and I have no idea who would hold the copyright now. There didn't seem to be any good e-text sources. If you could get a copy of the original 1913 NT and create an e-text a SWORD module could be made, but other than that we cannot help you without permission from a copyright holder.

Moffatt's is certainly "different", but from my brief readings of it I do not see that much of it is of more value than any other of the many translations around. Any SWORD software would require considerable changes to display the extremely curious versification of Moffatt's translation, with things like a verse from a different chapter moved into the middle of another chapter and similar (I was in a class tonight where someone was using it, and when we looked at John 14 they complained it wasn't in their Bible!)
[May 21, 2009 7:05:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread