mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2626 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male no2thesame
Stranger

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strong's number search is incomplete

Using BibleTime 1.6.5, searching for Strong's numbers does not show every occurance of the word.

For instance, searching the KJV with: strong:G5610

results in 5 hits in Revelation, whereas, even for "hour" alone, the printed Strongs shows 9. The Blue Letter Bible with the search for G5610 shows 10 hits in Revelation.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...5610&t=KJV&page=4

Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks
[Mar 31, 2009 7:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male no2thesame
Stranger

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Strong's number search is incomplete

Could someone else please try this test. I would like to know if I am the only one who has this problem. Maybe I have not installed BibleTime correctly?

I just ran another test to confirm the problem.

To search for "church" and "churches" (Strongs: G1577) first in English, I used this search term with my KJV:

church*

and got 114 hits.
I checked it against my printed Strongs concordance and it seems to be correct.

From the printed Strongs I noted that all hits except Acts 19:37 were G1577 (ekklesia). So that means that there should be at least 113 hits with a search for G1577

So I searched for the Greek word like so:

strong:G1577

and returned only 37 hits. That means that the search missed around 60%,
including all the references in Matthew!

Right clicking on "church" in Matthew 18:17 and selecting "Strong's search" I got the search terms:

strong:G3588|G1577

in the "Search for" box, and a total of 2 hits. None in Matthew!

Could someone else try this please as I would like to use Bibletime more but don't trust it's Greek search at present.

Thanks
[Apr 4, 2009 8:07:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread