mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2423 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male wulfgang
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
ISBE

Hello!

I have the ISBE module installed. It's a Bible dictionary. How can I make it interact with my other Bible modules? Is there a way to click on a word in the Bible and then the explanation in the dictionary appears? I am using BibleTime 1.6.5.1

Thanks for any hints!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wulfgang at Mar 25, 2009 8:33:14 AM]
[Mar 25, 2009 8:32:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: ISBE

Most of the SWORD applications allow you to right click (or otherwise) select a word and look it up in a dictionary.

Some will look up on your "preferred" dictionary. Some in all installed dictionary.

You didn't mention which SWORD program you were using (BibleTime, Bible Desktop, Xiphos, The SWORD Project for Windows, MacSword, ....). If you are referring to a specific one please let us know.
[Mar 29, 2009 6:04:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male wulfgang
Regular

I am using BibleTime, as mentioned above. In the settings, I can pick a default encyclopaedia (ISBE) and a default Strong's dictionary. ISBE doesn't even show up as option for that. When I click on a word in the Bible, I can see some explanation from my default Strong's dictionary, but not from ISBE.
[Mar 30, 2009 11:36:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male wulfgang
Regular

Nobody has a clue?
[Jul 9, 2009 3:16:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

ISBE isn't keyed to Strong's numbers, so it doesn't work as a Strong's keyed dictionary.
[Jul 16, 2009 3:43:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male wulfgang
Regular

yeah, but when I select one word in the Bible, it should be possible to submit the selected string as a parameter to the Bible dictionary so that it looks up this word in the dictionary, or not? It doesn't need Strong's numbers for that. However, it seems that this is currently not possible, at least not with BibleTime (using 2.1 now).
[Aug 17, 2009 4:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread