mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2380 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male wulfgang
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Modules Information

Hi!

It would be good to have some more information on the modules, for example:

What text is the translation based on? The Textus Receptus? The Byzantine? etc.
Is it a literal or dynamic translation?

Practically this would mean: What sources is the German Schlachter Bible based on? Which version of the Vulgate is in the library? The original one from Jerome or a revised one?

There are a lot of fairly unknown Bibles in the library, and therefore it is necessary to have good information about them so that I can have an idea what I am downloading. It would also be good if I can see the information before I download the Bible. I am using BibleTime, and as far as I can see, that is not possible at the moment.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by wulfgang at Mar 25, 2009 8:36:40 AM]
[Mar 25, 2009 8:27:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: Modules Information

Some SWORD applicaiton (e.g. Bible Desktop) show the information from the conf so that you can decide whether you want to install the module.

Is this what you were asking for? Or was it a more general request that the info for the module be better?
[Mar 29, 2009 5:58:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male wulfgang
Regular

Re: Modules Information

yes I saw that option, but 1. there should be more info, and I gave the example of the Vulgate. And 2., the info should be accessible already before I download the module. I don't know how it is with other programmes, but in BibleTime I cannot access that information until after I installed the module.
[Mar 30, 2009 11:28:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread