mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2075 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male mac_david
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Workflow on beta 2

Hello guys,

first of all I REALLY appreciate the development for a freebibletool on the mac maschine!
And with great enthusiasm I downloaded and tested the beta of version 2...
But at the beginning I find myself in a complete new, different application.

I dont know but perhabs anyone from the team could do a youtube video to present the workflow of the new version... For instance: I am still searching for a way to display TSK and the bibletext simultaneously on the screen....

anyways, I will follow the development and I think you will do a GREAT job on this!
Thank you guys!

blessing,
David

PS: I cannot use the update Feature... somehow I get this error here:
"An Error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later" - any ideas? (I get this since yesterday...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mac_david at Mar 22, 2009 9:54:49 AM]
[Mar 22, 2009 9:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Workflow on beta 2

Hi David.

Adding a commentary to bibles simultanoiusly is easy. But as we got feedback from others it is not really intuitive.

Once you have an open window with a bible view, select a commentary module (like the TSK) in the left side bar, do right click and choose "Open in current view". That will add a commentary view at the bottom.

Indeed there is a problem with the updater.
The URL cannot be reached anymore. I guess it has to do with the renewal of the MacSword domain. I'll sort it out.

And yes, we were thinking of screen cast videos on our web site.

Regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Mar 22, 2009 10:25:09 AM]
[Mar 22, 2009 10:23:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

Hallo Manfred,

thank you for the quick respond.
Thats awesome,... it works, it even jumps to the right verses, when I scroll down! YEAH!

But one question: where is the cool "mouse-over" feature from version one?
I used the TSK and then I only hovered with the mouse over these links and they
appeared in a floating window... it would be great if this feature will be onboard soon...

and one last question: when I create a personal commentary... will you implement a option for a comfortable export in a text, doc, pdf, html file!?!?

blessings from Germany,
David
[Mar 22, 2009 10:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi David.

But one question: where is the cool "mouse-over" feature from version one?
I used the TSK and then I only hovered with the mouse over these links and they
appeared in a floating window... it would be great if this feature will be onboard soon...

Well, this is already there. But the text is shown in the "Preview Panel" instead of tool tips.
Checkout the "Preview Panel" in the "Windows" main menu. Or press OPTION-COMMAND-P.

and one last question: when I create a personal commentary... will you implement a option for a comfortable export in a text, doc, pdf, html file!?!?

Yeah, why not. A proper print view will be done in the near future. With that you can print to PDF but also HTML and TXT could be done.

Manfred
[Mar 22, 2009 11:59:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

Ah, I see its global linked to all hyperlinks within the application... really cool idea
A option to setup the time of hovering over a link to be activated would be cool :)

and I wish a option to regulate the transparancy of the preview-window and perhabs a option
that implements it into the existing arrangement or my workspace... hmmm but where...!?!?
Perhabs in the Books/Bookmarks-bar?

kind regards,
david
[Mar 22, 2009 12:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Ah, I see its global linked to all hyperlinks within the application... really cool idea
A option to setup the time of hovering over a link to be activated would be cool :)

You can also just click on it.
I've searched for a time setting but couldn't find anything in the Apple SDK docu.

and I wish a option to regulate the transparancy of the preview-window and perhabs a option
that implements it into the existing arrangement or my workspace... hmmm but where...!?!?
Perhabs in the Books/Bookmarks-bar?

The preview window is the new HUD (Head Up Display) style that Apple brought in Leopard.
The transparency is predefined and applies to all HUD style windows.
At the moment there is no option to integrate it as a view into the workspace.
Maybe it'll come later but the flexibility in bounds of this window is much greater if it is floating.
You could for example make the workspace window so high that the preview panel fits below the window in full width.
Or alternatively put the preview to the right in full screen height and shrink the width of the workspace window.

Regards,
Manfred
[Mar 22, 2009 1:21:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male stevelorincz
Stranger

Japan
Install Manager issues /Macsword

Blessed Day for all,

Under Tiger I had no any problems, but after I had to upgrade to Leopard, I have difficulties.
Even (I think) I installed the latest bugfix for Beta version, I can not install remoltely thru ftp.crosswire.org
Error on finding the Install Source. I had also several crashes as well reminding me the old PC-Windows times...
Anyway I am just thankful for this opportunity been free and serving His Kingdom.

Serving Him in Japan
S.L.
[Mar 31, 2009 6:10:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Install Manager issues /Macsword

Blessed Day for all,

Under Tiger I had no any problems, but after I had to upgrade to Leopard, I have difficulties.
Even (I think) I installed the latest bugfix for Beta version, I can not install remoltely thru ftp.crosswire.org
Error on finding the Install Source. I had also several crashes as well reminding me the old PC-Windows times...
Anyway I am just thankful for this opportunity been free and serving His Kingdom.

Serving Him in Japan
S.L.

Hmm, sorry seeing your post so late.

The Beta version doesn't work at all on Tiger.
The remote module installer bug you mentioned should be fixed since version 1.9.2 I think.

Regards,
Manfred
[Apr 26, 2009 7:24:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male aminatelli
Stranger

USA
Re: MacSword Beta 2 workflow

I'm loving the speed and the slick new interface, but I *dearly* miss the "location bar" and the CMD-L shortcut to get there. Not having to take fingers off the keys to reach for my mouse for navigation was a huge bonus. Can we get this back in MacSword 2?
[Apr 30, 2009 10:34:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: MacSword Beta 2 workflow

I'm loving the speed and the slick new interface, but I *dearly* miss the "location bar" and the CMD-L shortcut to get there. Not having to take fingers off the keys to reach for my mouse for navigation was a huge bonus. Can we get this back in MacSword 2?

Yep, will come back.
Guess for 2.0 final already.

Manfred
[Apr 30, 2009 2:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread