mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3099 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Male graffxguy

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
MacSword Development

Is it possible to get involved with the MacSword development team? I have a lot of ideas and also want to work towards creating a way to sync bookmarks and things between an iPhone version of MacSword.

As a designer, I could help with GUI design.
[Mar 21, 2009 1:35:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male graffxguy

Re: MacSword Development

Didn't mean to post this twice. It never gave me confirmation, so I thought it hadn't gone through.
[Mar 21, 2009 1:37:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi there.

Is it possible to get involved with the MacSword development team? I have a lot of ideas and also want to work towards creating a way to sync bookmarks and things between an iPhone version of MacSword.

As a designer, I could help with GUI design.

Of course it is possible to get involved and we'd be happy to get help.

If I remember correctly there is a Sword iPhone application in development.

Did you have a look on the new beta version?

Regards,
Manfred
[Mar 22, 2009 8:53:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male graffxguy

Yeah it's looking great so far. I really like where it's headed.

I think this is such a valuable project that can help normal people like me get into the Word of God in a deeper way, and not cost them hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

That's why I want to help out in whatever way I can, to try to help this project be the best that it can.

That said, do you have an email list that is specific to this project? I saw the ones for the general SWORD development, but nothing specific to this project.

Also, which iPhone SWORD project were you talking about? the only one I know of is: http://pocketsword.net/

Not sure what kind of progress is being made on that, but I'd love to see some collaboration happen between MacSword and an iPhone project so we can get some bookmark syncing happening! :-)

Anyways, let me know how I can get involved. I think at this point, I'd be most useful as an idea guy and as design help for the GUI and stuff. But if there is some low-end Obj-C stuff I could dig in on that would help me get better, I'd love to do some of that too. I'm new to Obj-C but have experience in other languages. I've been learning it so that I can create the iPhone Bible app that has a good user interface! :-) But having a great desktop app is just as important to me.
[Mar 22, 2009 6:21:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

Sorry just have seen that you replied.

Yeah, we have a separate mailing list, check here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/MacSword

And yes, the iPhone software I was referring to was PocketSword.

I think a bookmark synching is relatively easy since the iPhone also can read property lists which MacSword uses to store the bookmarks.

Best regards,
Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Mar 28, 2009 10:39:35 AM]
[Mar 28, 2009 10:38:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

Hello there,...

I really want to participate in the beta tests of pocketsword with my new upcoming ipod touch but unfortnately there are no downloads on the website and at the other end of the email-connection noone replies... any ideas how one can participate!?!?

blessings,david
[Jun 15, 2009 2:17:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male graffxguy

Ian is the one that you have to go through because he has to authorize your ipod touch for the app to work. He will send you the files, but he's been really busy. Not sure if he has finished school yet?
[Jun 15, 2009 3:15:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mac_david
Regular

hey !!!
thank you for your quick reply, man!
I send ian the tech guy two mails but he didnt respond... hmmm what can I do - I mean I will get my iPod next week if things run fine but I really want pocketsword to run on it :-)
thanks again, mister! blessings,david
[Jun 16, 2009 4:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread