mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3123 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male BatmanJD
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Weblink to Bible tool with translation as well as reference?

Hi, I see that the url of a Bible reference can be used to point to a particular verse, e.g.
1 John 3:16

But as I'll be interested in pointing them to a particular translation, is it possible to have the translation version embedded within the url as well as the chapter/verse?

Regards, John D.
[Mar 21, 2009 10:11:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dmsmith
Regular

USA
Re: Weblink to Bible tool with translation as well as reference?

You can add mod=ACV (or the initials of any module, that is the [initials] of the module as found in the conf) to any call to passagestudy.jsp.

We are working on changing the SWORD engine to accept an OSIS reference of the form:
V11N:work:ref!grain
where:
v11n. is a versification known to the SWORD engine. This is optional, defaulting to KJV.
work. is the [initials] of the module as found in the conf. This also is optional, defaulting to Bible.
ref is a verse or range reference using osisIDs
and
!grain is an ignored specifier of part of a verse, typically !a, !b, !c... This also is optional.

If v11n is present not understood by the SWORD engine, it will be assumed to be KJV. Note, if v11n is present then work needs to be present.

If work is present and is not an installed module, then applications are free to use any Bible that fits the v11n. They may choose a user preferred Bible.

My suggestion is that you encode references as such. If the SWORD engine does not handle your module, create a copy that strips the v11n and/or work as needed, until such time as the engine is improved.

Hope this helps.

In Him,
DM Smith
[Mar 29, 2009 6:49:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male BatmanJD
Stranger

Re: Weblink to Bible tool with translation as well as reference?

You can add mod=ACV (or the initials of any module, that is the [initials] of the module as found in the conf) to any call to passagestudy.jsp.

Thanks DM, that works great. e.g.
1 John 3:16 ESV
1 John 3:16 NASB

That gives me the option to be able to use/recommend the web tool for my need soon. When it changes to the OSIS format I'll use that then too.

Many thanks,
John D.
[Mar 30, 2009 1:55:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread