mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57715 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Male Dale
Regular

Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

I'm sure it's something I did, it happened before the update. Yeah, I've tried just about everything I can think of short of clean install, just didn't know if you had seen this before.

Dale
----------------------------------------
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Aug 7, 2009 10:08:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male crenz

Germany

Manfred, thanks for the quick reply. I took a look at the editing feature again and noticed that I always clicked next to the verse and couldn't type there - but once you click below, it works fine for me. So know I now.

I noticed a few smaller issues (like e.g. the add bookmark dialog cannot be closed using the ESC button), and was thinking it might be easier to just submit a patch rather than writing long posts describing them. Is the repository described at http://sourceforge.net/projects/macsword/develop the current one for MacSword 2?
[Aug 9, 2009 3:48:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male crenz

Germany

So know I now.

Ooops, I guess I should get more coffee :-)
[Aug 9, 2009 3:50:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Is the repository described at http://sourceforge.net/projects/macsword/develop the current one for MacSword 2?

The current SVN trunk of MacSword 2 is here:
https://macsword.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/macsword/macsword/trunk

Manfred
[Aug 9, 2009 4:02:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

I fixed it, there was duplicate module from an update, must have confused the program.

Dale
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Aug 9, 2009 7:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

New version of MacSword released.

If no show stoppers are discovered this might get the final version and will be released shortly.

Manfred
[Aug 11, 2009 5:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male sgtoh1919
Stranger

It seems like

- Focus search Text box
- Next book
- Previous book
- Next chapter
- Previous chapter

keyboard shortcuts are not working. Can you check? (Version 2.0.0rc1-225)

Also, I was wondering if you could assign same shortcuts for both "Switch to Reference lookup" and "Switch to Index lookup" since you are moving from one lookup mode to another. Something like "Switch lookup mode" -> command R

God bless,

TJ
[Aug 12, 2009 3:21:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

It seems like

- Focus search Text box
- Next book
- Previous book
- Next chapter
- Previous chapter

keyboard shortcuts are not working. Can you check? (Version 2.0.0rc1-225)

Yes, thanks. Fixed it.

Also, I was wondering if you could assign same shortcuts for both "Switch to Reference lookup" and "Switch to Index lookup" since you are moving from one lookup mode to another. Something like "Switch lookup mode" -> command R

Yes, we can do that. Two shortcuts are not necessary here.

Regards,
Manfred
[Aug 12, 2009 11:58:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

I've been experimenting with the new beta for a while, and here's some questions/comments.

Are there going to be more flexible options with the text layout? One thing I've missed from 1.4 is the smooth and crisp font layout with margins and colored titles/verse numbers. The new layout has a lot of benefits, but it's very crowded. If I shrink or hide the sidebars to make more room, it feels stretched. If anything, an option to add margins (so the text wouldn't feel quite so boxed in) would be nice. I attend a weekly college level Bible class where I share my laptop's bible with a friend, and I find the new layout to harder to read for extended periods of time.

I like how the newest version saves sidebar widths, but the transition from windowed to fullscreen messes that up a little. Rather than the fullscreen mode having the same fixed width as windowed, it tends to "scale" out to be larger. If I readjust them in full screen, the sidebars will be much narrower when I return to windowed. Is this intended? On a side note, perhaps an option to smoothly show/hide the sidebars would be a cool addition...

Now, perhaps the most irritating aspect of MacSword 2 is the search feature. The background indexing takes forever and eats up a whole core of my processor. I am using a 4,1 Unibody Macbook Pro with 2.4 gHZ processor and 4 GB RAM, and it took MacSword 20 minute to index the KJV. After all that, I at least hoped the search would work, but no such luck. After I enter a term and hit Return, simply nothing happens. I?should note as an experiment I completely erased all MacSword files from my hard drive, and installed 1.4 by itself. I installed some modules, and ran a search. The first attempt didn't work, but on the second try on a relaunch a few minute later, I got nearly instant results from the whole KJV. What is different between 1.4 and 2, and why does 2 take so long to index?

I set KJV as my default Bible yet when I started a new Bible window, I got a different version first every time, with KJV listed under it. Does the default option really work?

One more question…Could the keyboard shortcut for returning from fullscreen mode be changed to the Escape key? It is much more Mac-like and intuitive, in my opinion. The Command-Option-F command is fine for entering fullscreen, but Escape seems more natural to exit fullscreen.
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Aug 19, 2009 4:02:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi chasm.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are there going to be more flexible options with the text layout? One thing I've missed from 1.4 is the smooth and crisp font layout with margins and colored titles/verse numbers. The new layout has a lot of benefits, but it's very crowded. If I shrink or hide the sidebars to make more room, it feels stretched. If anything, an option to add margins (so the text wouldn't feel quite so boxed in) would be nice.

Yes, we can add adjustible margins.
Also other layout options will come in the future.

I like how the newest version saves sidebar widths, but the transition from windowed to fullscreen messes that up a little. Rather than the fullscreen mode having the same fixed width as windowed, it tends to "scale" out to be larger. If I readjust them in full screen, the sidebars will be much narrower when I return to windowed. Is this intended?

No, I haven't noticed this.
I'll check it.

On a side note, perhaps an option to smoothly show/hide the sidebars would be a cool addition...

The left side bar actually is hidden and shown using Core Animation and should actually be smooth but it isn't. Don't know why right now.
This made me just remove and add the side bar on the right without animation.
Probably there are some Core Animation settings to do this more smooth and I just didn't find them. :)
[Aug 20, 2009 12:37:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread