mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57260 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement

First full version beta:

- added SWORD engine 1.6.0 final release.
- fixed a bug where a cache object was used instead of the performed index search result. this happened when the search word was a book name.
- fixed a bug in index search result display where the font size change was not applied.
- removed module manager icon in main toolbar.
- added master install source list synchronization in module installer. default install sources can now be fetched via a toolbar button.
- added next/previous book, chapter buttons.

Use the updater or download here:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-2.0.0b1-216.app.zip

Cheers,
Manfred
[Jun 9, 2009 8:28:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Eric
Stranger

Is it possible to run MacSword 1.4.3 in one instance and on the same machine run 2.0.0? Can someone walk me through the process to do this? THANKS!

MacBook Pro 4,1 (Penryn, early 2008), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, OS 10.5.7
----------------------------------------
MacBook Pro 4,1 (Penryn, early 2008), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Leopard 10.5.7
[Jun 21, 2009 5:59:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Is it possible to run MacSword 1.4.3 in one instance and on the same machine run 2.0.0? Can someone walk me through the process to do this? THANKS!

MacBook Pro 4,1 (Penryn, early 2008), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, OS 10.5.7

That's possible, yes.
Both use separate preferences and search index files.
The only thing that both share are the module installations.

There is not much to guide you through. Just start the application as you need it.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jun 21, 2009 12:49:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jlfmusic

Thank you for the announcement.
If this issue has been addressed elsewhere, please direct me to the page - I could not find an answer.
According to the post, the requirements for the 2.0 Beta and the eventual 2.0 are Leopard 10.5
Will Tiger 10.4.11 users be able install this release?
There are very many Tiger users who did not upgrade to Leopard and who are using older Macs.
The latest MacSword release for Tiger that I can find, 1.4.2, still has the "ephelimos" bug with the KJV module with Strongs Greek and other problems that have been address here at the forums. Are we going to be forced to continue using this problematic release or is there a fix that I have not found or do not know about?

Thank you for a reply.
[Jul 11, 2009 7:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

New beta:

- index search highlighting uses a darker red.
- fixed backlock that could happen on on-the-fly indexing which resulted in the application being unresponsive.
- OK button text is now "OK" instead "Ok".
- new workspace is opened on launch if the default session doesn't contain a window.
- changed book/chapter previous/forward buttons.
- window/tab titles are now changed depending on the module and search reference.
- adding a new commentary or bible view, the current search reference is automatically applied.
- about window text area is not editable anymore.

Use the updater or download here:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-2.0.0b2-222.app.zip

Cheers,
Manfred
[Aug 4, 2009 1:27:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male crenz

Germany

Manfred, thanks a lot for your efforts!

Two questions: 1) is the personal commentary thing suposed to work already? I'm able to create modules, but I can't edit them.
2) Is MacSword 2 still open source? Do you accept patches?
[Aug 5, 2009 2:33:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Two questions: 1) is the personal commentary thing suposed to work already? I'm able to create modules, but I can't edit them.

Yes, they are supposed to work.
However it doesn't work with the Personal Commentary module that is available for download at CrossWire, except you add "Editable=YES" to the conf file.
You need to create a commentary module from within MacSword.

2) Is MacSword 2 still open source? Do you accept patches?

Yes, it is under GPL2 license and yes, I accept patches. :)

Manfred
[Aug 6, 2009 12:36:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Hey Manfred, Good Work my man, Good Work.

Quick question, For some unknown reason, maybe I hit a button but I lost the text in a few of the Bible translations not the book and verse just the text, any ideas??

Dale

“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Aug 7, 2009 7:07:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Dale
Regular

Here is what I'm getting:

Dale
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2
[Aug 7, 2009 7:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Strange, I'm not having this iiue here.
Did you try hitting the refresh button?
[Aug 7, 2009 9:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread